FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the range for the first time with my new FNS 40. I fired over 100 rounds of white box and no hiccups. I think I found a gun that I can finally count on. I was very impressed with accuracy and grip. Had a little trouble with the actual breakdown. I saw a video on that and need to watch again as it gave me some problems. Love the gun and now need to get a nice OWB leather holster. Thanks

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Good to hear you're liking it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
More bullets makes it better. Take the breakdown slowly for there are some small parts. Or if in doubt video yourself during tear down then you can refer back to the video for "OH this part went here not their".

·
Registered
218 Posts
Other than a "neurotic deep clean" of the striker assembly, there really isn't anything to the takedown (and even at that, as long as you don't let that little retainer pin get away from you, you're pretty much golden.) Just don't put your barrel in upside down. One or two guys here have done it on accident, and rumor has it that you will absolutely hate life if you do.

Honestly, I've only ever done a striker takedown once, and I'm approaching 2k rounds through mine and I've never had a single issue even though I shoot some absolutely skunk ammo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts