FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never even shot an AR Before. but looking into getting my first. budget is 4,000 (rifle.ammo/accessor)

Do you still suggest a SCAR17s?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Jokes aside, you will definitely enjoy the SCAR. I went from $500 AK to SCAR and I haven't even considered another rifle over it, let alone an AR. (Not that ARs are bad)

Warning: Buy one gun and you may get the fever. Symptoms: rapid wallet weight loss, a lot more firearms in the house.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Funny thing, I had never shot an AR or really any kind of gun for that matter. After buying a Remington 870 my first gun & 1,000 rounds of 00 Buck later I decided I was ready so I purchased a SCAR17 as my second ever weapon and first real battle rifle. A year later................well you know the rest of the story!

thanks guys. im buying it + tons of mags :)

Regards,
BigBuckeyeGuy!

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Might as well start on top. I started with a SKS and clawed my way up from there.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I am kicking myself for buying a SCAR 16S. I didn't want to deal with the recoil of a 7.62 battle rifle. Eventually I bought the 17s and it fire's just as soft as a 5.56. It's an amazing gun.

I guess I can't complain too much as I do have two SCARs. :)

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
There are some really nice LMT AR's as well.....

I would not trade any of my SCAR's or my LMT. LMT has the option of different barrels for different calibers as well.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Get the SCAR! Both 16S and 17S are my favorites over any of my ARs regardless of DI or Piston.

You want the FDE SCARs as they are the most accurate ones.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I wish that I had gotten a SCAR 17 first, I would have saved a lot of money and had an awesome weapon to boot. The ammo is more expensive but it will get the job done. The SCAR is lighter and has more capability than most AR type rifles.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
+1 for the 17:?

·
Registered
505 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
+1 on the 17
since you dont have any AR stuff, you're not bogged down by all your 5.56 stuff to get stuck with a 16, so get the 17 and get it over with. later on a 16 for your wife lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts