FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading a number of FNX-9 threads here, I was prepared for problems... FTF, FTE, trigger reset, etc. So, with a little nervousness, I took 50 rounds of Remington and 50 rounds of PMC, all 115 gr FMJ. Loaded full magazines, and went to work.

Flawless. Every round. No issues -- nada, zip, zero.

Found my PoA and PoI with the FNX-9 was different than my Glock 19, but had ( in my opinion) less noticeable recoil.

So, I was either lucky to get a trouble-free firearm, or i shouldn't believe every horror story I read. My newest gun is now my favorite gun, and I couldn't be happier.

Semper Fidelis

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Great to hear you're enjoying it!

·
Registered
315 Posts
After reading a number of FNX-9 threads here, I was prepared for problems... FTF, FTE, trigger reset, etc. So, with a little nervousness, I took 50 rounds of Remington and 50 rounds of PMC, all 115 gr FMJ. Loaded full magazines, and went to work.

Flawless. Every round. No issues -- nada, zip, zero.

Found my PoA and PoI with the FNX-9 was different than my Glock 19, but had ( in my opinion) less noticeable recoil.

So, I was either lucky to get a trouble-free firearm, or i shouldn't believe every horror story I read. My newest gun is now my favorite gun, and I couldn't be happier.

Semper Fidelis
Marines don't limp wrist.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At 15 feet, two hands no rest, my PoI was in the lower half of the 9 and 10 ring. My PoA was dead center. in the X ring. I don't think it's any big deal... my groups were good. Next time I go, I will try from a rest.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was shooting low and switched to the smaller back strap. Now it is perfect. It doesn't make sense but it worked. The grip will feel like a 2x4 until you start shooting it. Now it feels perfect every time I pick it up.

+1 on the Hackathorns. I have them on one of my XD.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
At 15 feet, two hands no rest, my PoI was in the lower half of the 9 and 10 ring. My PoA was dead center. in the X ring. I don't think it's any big deal... my groups were good. Next time I go, I will try from a rest.
YOu shoot at 15 feet? Or yards?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
15 feet. Most gun fights (according to the FBIs stats) occur at a distance of 3-5 yards. Therefore, I need to be very accurate with multiple shots, timed, inside that distance window. Your prep may differ.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts