FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had my first trip to the range with my new FNP-40 and I gotta say it was very cool! The FNP felt great in my hands and had very good accuracy, not as good as my Sig but maybe I just need to get used to it, besides I was only a "little" more accurate with my P225.

I also got another treat today, my brother-in-law brought his FN 57 and I got to shot that today for the first time also! Man what a SWEET firearm! I'm gonna have to get one of those!
Well, just thought I'd share. I think this is gonna be the beginning of a long relationship with FNH. :D

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Glad to hear you enjoyed it. :?

I love my 9. Haven't had the chance to fire a 57 yet, but I'd like to. If only I could find one around here to fondle a bit...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I picked up mine from the dealer yesterday but as soon as we got home my wife wrapped it up :cry:

Can't wait to get some range time with it. Congrats on your purchase!

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
rudeskawn said:
I picked up mine from the dealer yesterday but as soon as we got home my wife wrapped it up :cry:
Solution: When she's away, carefully unwrap, take to range, fire, then carefully wrap again. She'll never know, oh wait, clean it before you wrap it :lol:

Enjoy you christmas present :?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh I forgot to mention, my brother-in-law picked up a AR57 upper and a couple of mags too! I was tempted to buy a AR15 lower while I was there and save up for a 57 upper, is that all I would need to complete the weapon? besides sights and mags of course. I'm really not that familiar with the conversion.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Five-seveN's are a very nice pistol indeed. Glad you enjoyed your FNP :?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ShipWreck said:
Yes, and upper and a lower should be all U need.
Sweet, I think I'm gonna get the lower this week. Can I buy an upper on-line and have that shipped to my home or do those have to be shipped to a dealer?

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
SOmeone else will have to answer that - they might ship it to your home. I'm not an AR guy, so I cannot say for sure.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Hulley said:
ShipWreck said:
Yes, and upper and a lower should be all U need.
Sweet, I think I'm gonna get the lower this week. Can I buy an upper on-line and have that shipped to my home or do those have to be shipped to a dealer?
I think it would need to go an FFL. It is the receiver and holds most of the goodies that make it go bang.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Uppers on AR15s need not go through an FFL, only the lower, as that is the receiver.

·
Registered
5 Posts
djv38 said:
rudeskawn said:
Solution: When she's away, carefully unwrap, take to range, fire, then carefully wrap again. She'll never know, oh wait, clean it before you wrap it :lol:

Enjoy you christmas present :?
Haha its tuff when I work full time in the Military and she is a house wife. I keep trying to get her to let us swap just one gift early. :?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts