FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it was a nice day but unfortunately windy but I went to the range anyway as I was dying to site in the new scope and shoot the SPR. We had a full value 12mph cross wind with gusts up to 20mph.

Anyway between gusts I got it sited in using Premier Sierra MatchKing 168 grain HPBT. This was the best group of the day. The gun is way more accurate than I am.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Nice shooting!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I am quite the amature so I am sure the SPR is capable of much tighter groups. It's a 1:12 twist so I have to find what she really likes.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Very nice! I just got some 175 SMK's and 155 gr Palma's loaded up to try and find some good loads. My rifle seems to love 168 gr SMK's over 42.5 gr IMR 4064 (like sub-1/4 moa just like 168 gr FGMM)

I'm trying those two new bullets for 1000 yard shooting as the 168 smk's aren't the most ideal for that purpose.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Dan. I have a place on our deer lease where I can stretch out to about 800 yards or so. Now that I have the scope zeroed I may try and go tomorrow and stretch her legs a bit. It is already one of my favorite guns to ever own.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Thankfully I can get out to 700 yards on state land only 15 minutes away and 1000 yards on Federal land that's a little over an hour away and I might go there next week when I have a couple days off.

These really are great rifles. One of my buddies was shocked at the accuracy considering it's chrome lined. I've seen some test targets that were 0.17" or lower at 100 yards on these rifles.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's what I hear and I have wanted an SPR a long time. I have owned three FNX Tactical 45's and one FNX 9mm. I have always been impressed with FN.

Now I have to buy a FDE FNX Tactical 45 to put in my Pelican case with the SPR! That would be perfect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts