FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the range - the 17S functioned flawlessly! What a blast this thing is!

I haven't decided what permanent glass to put on it just yet - I am leaning toward a 4-16x Vortex. For now I mounted a 2-10 Weaver - the scope barely cleared the base!
image.jpg
After sighting it in - I took it out to 100 with some Fed 168 Grain SMK. Shot 3 groups of 5 - I was very excited about the bottom group!
image.jpg

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Nice!!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
The scope is to low and to far forward. I have the ADM Recon-S that I picked up. It was recommended by another member and I am glad he did. Just the right hieght and you can keep your Iron Sights where they are supposed to be. Mount the levers on the right side of the gun if you like your charging handle on the left. Everything clears nicely.

·
Registered
505 Posts
And of course Congratulations! Nice day at the range indeed.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Good shooting. I concur with American Infidel's assessment and recommendations as far as the mount goes.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Nice shots. Congrats on your scar.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Totally agree on your thoughts on the scope. When I first mounted it, the scope was actually touching in the front. I was able to ghetto shim it in the front to get it to clear by about a centimeter. I like my glass low - but def not that low. Very uncomfortable to shoot! Unfortunately it was my only option to get the thing out there with glass - had to make it work!

I did place an order for a Vortex 6-24X PST FFP - I know many of you guys will think this is too much glass. I agree - but for the shooting I will be doing at the range over the next 6 months - this fits my purposes. At some point - I will most likely switch to a 1-6, and put the 6-24X on a bolt gun.

Question for you - do you think ADM Recon-S mount will give me sufficient clearance for the 50mm objective. I think it will - I am actually more concerned about clearance of the front objective. American Infidel - it looks like your scope barely cleared your rear side folded down!

Specs can be found here - Vortex Optics - Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1<br />(MRAD)

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Good shootin. Love this rifle. :th_653:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts