FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took my brand new FNX40 to the range (my first gun I bought for myself also) and she shot great. 150 without an issue, and once i got used to it, groups got better. Has anyone else noticed they shot better with DA over SA?? Lots of play in the trigger with single but once I get more used to it i feel like i will be much more consistent. Shot 165 and 180 FMJ and they all ran great. Also i want to carry this at some point, but I am left handed, does anyone make a lefthanded compression holster? If not what are my other options?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have a DeSantis (left hand) OWB holster. My FNX9 fits firmly yet slides out easily. It may not be as easy to conceal in the summer as an IWB, but it is a high quality holster. The model I got is the thumb break scabbard (left), p/n 001BB30Z0 (smooth black leather). It fits FNX40 & FNX9

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice, galco has some options and I am hoping more manufacturers will start helping us lefties out. I was hoping since the FNX is ambidextrous they would have more left handed holsters for it. You all think IWB is better? Also any good accessories for my new baby??

·
Registered
272 Posts
For kydex the kt gunfighter is a REALLY nice rig for 41 bucks! I also got the loops for iwb carry with it.

The old faithful owb and iwb are nice for the $ as well

Both have about 10 day turn around times.

Old faithfuls.

Kt mech

All are made for lefties

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2k2 with the KT do you recommend any cant? I want to be able to carry my FNX in the future when I am 100% confident with it. Thanks again for the assistance!

·
Registered
272 Posts
2k2 with the KT do you recommend any cant? I want to be able to carry my FNX in the future when I am 100% confident with it. Thanks again for the assistance!
I got the FBI cant. I haven't swapped it over to iwb yet so it's hard to compare with the 0 can't on the of. The old faithful iwb holster's cant can be adjusted by moving the clips up it down. Which is pretty nice.

I'm torn on which one I like better. I can definitely see why people like all kydex holsters. But the hybrid of is really comfortable.

For owb carry I'd go all kydex. You could carry the kt owb and concealed with a jacket. I also have a fn shooters pack with the bladetech holster and it sits pretty far away from the body for concealed carry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts