FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my ps90 in yesterday and passed a couple of boxes of ammo . Really pleased with the point shoot ability, the odd grip angle take a little getting used to. Decided to take it squirel hunting , 3 varmits 4 shots.

After reading all the post here I was afraid the halo would be to big for small game hunting but the little dot in the center of the ring is ideal.
After hunting with 22mag and 22 hornet for the past 30 years I am very pleased with the performance. I found the small dot in the center to be perfect for 2 liter bottle cap size objects at 30 yds once I got the hang of the nearly inch long trigger pull.

After walking for a couple of hours thru the woods with no sling my only complaint I have is the oddball grip angle, other than turning the gun upside down and using the grip as a carry handle I cant find a comfortable way to carry the gun on extended hikes. Carry in the ready position for an hour or so leads to a severe pain in the back of my hand due to the odd angle.

Overall very capable cartridge for folks that enjoy 22 hornet performance and a real hand point shoot weapon for varmint hunting while walking thru the woods.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
COngrats on the new gun. I guess the stock sight ain't too bad, but ya really need to be in bright light to use it well. I like the 1 MOA dot on the Eotech much better.

But hey - ya cleared the first hurdle - ya got the gun!

I did a review of the sling I bought - U can read about it in the product review area. It does make it easier to walk with when ya have a sling :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Panaceabeachbum, I got the FN sling( maybe from CMMG) and it works great to carry the gun in a ready position. You can also very quickly configure it to work like a typical over the shoulder sling. I really like the sling but I have not tried any others. I personally don't want a sling for tactical entry or anything like, and I find the FN sling to be perfect for me.

·
Registered
205 Posts
My imagination of the guns:

1: From the grey look, it seems like a Norinco UZI clone
2: MP5A2 First or second Generation
3: Self built AKS-74U, as it doesn't look like 5.45x39, and the original safety lever should be black.
4: What the hell is that??? :megreen:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 is a vector uzi SBR (host for reg bolt)
2 is a 94 SBR with 3 lug bbl (host for registered sear)
3 is a Bulgarian Krinkov in 5.56 (223) SBR
4 is some plastic gun I couldnt resist

I left the safety and stock release button on the Bulgy krink in original grey parkerized finish as the parts set the gun was built from was painted black other than these two items , unsure why other than possibly being easier to fit without paint , the 7.62 and 5.45 bulg krinks all have these items painted but the 223 didnt for some reason.

I am going to check out the thread on the sling, other than a dozen mags and 4-5k of ammo its the only acc I still need to track down, FN brass catcher would be nice also

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did quite a bit of shooting with 197 this weekend and can regularly shoot a 1" group (10 shot) with the factory sight at 65 yds. As crazy as it might sound I am going to mount a little 2x7 burris compact later this week and see just how accurate the rifle is.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
panaceabeachbum said:
I did quite a bit of shooting with 197 this weekend and can regularly shoot a 1" group (10 shot) with the factory sight at 65 yds. As crazy as it might sound I am going to mount a little 2x7 burris compact later this week and see just how accurate the rifle is.
That's kewl. let us know how it works :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts