FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While using my 30 rd mad with 197 I have been having rds stove top on me. I thought I read some where on here there were issues with the springs in the 30 rd not being strong enough and also I thought I read someone on here modified their 30 rd mag with a Dremel and found it fixed their issues. Anyone with any insite would be greatly appreciated I have been using my 20 rds with no issues

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any help on locating a stronger spring can't seem to find it online is there a sponsor that has them?

·
Registered
912 Posts
There also has been an issue with where the extension slides on to the original mag being rough. That is the area that people have taken the dremel to in order to smooth it out. There have been some reports that if you load them to 27 or 28 rounds, it gets it beyond the rough area.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
get an EA extra power spring. Check the body inside for rough spots and on the follower. Problems will go away.
Buffman knows what is going on. I too have heard of the rough spots.. I'm not sure if it was just with the 10 extensions or the Promags also.

mjk1

Reactions: BmwStep09

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
O I saw that link and thought they were the same spring from the 20 rds I didn't realize those were the heavier duty ones

·
Registered
368 Posts
interesting. I have 2 30rnd pro mags and neither will feed if loaded above 25. A friend had the same results. So the consensus is to use a HD spring and maybe smooth things up inside the mag? If so, may need to pick up a couple springs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts