FN Herstal Firearms banner

141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Team,

What does everyone like for Leather, OWB holsters for the Five-seveN? I'd need it around 2nd week of June so long custom times are problematic.

Thanks!

·
Registered
495 Posts
I bought the Galco speed paddle and accompanying mag pouch. Looking forward to posting pictures on my Kore belts

·
Registered
495 Posts
The Galco speed paddle and mag pouch arrived.

On Amazon it said it fit the MkII. The packaging says Five-seveN USG right on it though.

It fits and holds. Was a little stiff to start and still is, but certainly pulls out of the holster without pulling the holster out of my pants. It doesn't feel quite right, and I have to keep a thumb on the slide for it to not go out of battery when inserting, but perhaps with time it'll break in right. The finish is OK, but doesn't mold in the right spots like it seems intended to (probably looks right on the USG). It will work fine for my limited open-carry use case (national parks in states that don't honor my CCL).

For a long term solution I took everyone's suggestions and also ordered a Tucker Leather Cover Up Plus, as well as mag pouches for the FsN & FNSc

Reactions: Buffalo 309

·
Registered
495 Posts
Looking to make good on my promise to post pictures of the Galco holsters on Kore belts. This is the Galco USG Speed Paddle Holster and accompanying mag pouch, with a MkII Five-seveN, on a Kore dress gun belt

Attachments

·
Registered
495 Posts
12 calendar days after placing the order, my custom leather holsters from Tucker Gun Leather arrived! Now in my collection are a "Cover Up Plus" IWB for the Five-seveN and two IBW single mag pouches, one for the FsN and another for the FNS-9c.

I'm very impressed so far, beyond just the very quick service. The quality of fit on my belt, fit with the gun, fit with the magazines and fit me are exactly what I was hoping for. Construction is sturdy and they show their quality. It rides close and I feel will be plenty concealable with anything other than a tight t-shirt.

The Vedder kydex for my 9c is nice but I forsee another Tucker in my future ...

·
Registered
495 Posts
Just spent a week hiking in the mountains with the Five-seveN, alternating between Galco OWB paddle holster (sold as fits-MkII on Amazon but package says for USG) and Tucker's Cover up Plus.

I'm extremely happy with both. I had been leaving the FsN in the Galco to help it mold better (it was too tight to begin with, pushing the slide back out of battery on insert) and it turned out to be a perfect fit.

With both holsters I got to run, climb, drive a truck and ride on horseback with. They both grabbed my Kore gunbelts well and neither ever started to lose the gun. With the belt pretty tight and the Galco at 3*clock it would shift forward to around 2.5* but very comfortable and pretty exciting once I realized it had a perfect grip. So my stance: both spectacular holsters. If I were able to open carry here in my owm state I'd check out the Tucker belt holsters

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Galco speed paddle and mag pouch arrived.

On Amazon it said it fit the MkII. The packaging says Five-seveN USG right on it though.

It fits and holds. Was a little stiff to start and still is, but certainly pulls out of the holster without pulling the holster out of my pants. It doesn't feel quite right, and I have to keep a thumb on the slide for it to not go out of battery when inserting, but perhaps with time it'll break in right. The finish is OK, but doesn't mold in the right spots like it seems intended to (probably looks right on the USG). It will work fine for my limited open-carry use case (national parks in states that don't honor my CCL).

For a long term solution I took everyone's suggestions and also ordered a Tucker Leather Cover Up Plus, as well as mag pouches for the FsN & FNSc
Found the Galco at a price worth trying and after receiving it, am happy with it. Didn't have any out of battery issues. Just a tad snug but like all leather holsters will adjust over time. For less than $20 figured it was worth it.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/galco-fn-five-seven-usg-fn-spd458b.html

·
Registered
70 Posts
I want a holster with a flap, like the Bianch UM84/et. al., that fits the Five Seven.

I have several Bianchi holsters like this for other handguns - both semi auto and revolvers, but none fit the Five Seven, not even close.

I prefer a flap holster in a shoulder harness setup. I care less about draw speed than I do about protecting the handgun from damage or loss. I don't want to carry on a belt because that interferes with carrying a pack or loadout harness. I don't want a thigh rig as that doesn't work well in a vehicle (IMO) and can catch on brush/etc.

I guess I will have to go with having a holster made - probably a Diamond D Guides's Choice

A Safariland SLS might come close, but no flap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I’m my search for a holster as many before me and I’m sure the many more that join the club for a five seven will find that it is a PITA. But I have found a few that I have bought from for other pistols also sell for the MKII.

for guys like myself whom like kydex check out
https://www.vedderholsters.com/ They offer IWB AND YOU OWB Holsters

or for those of us that prefer both look at

www.stealthgearusa.com

i found that during the hot months the alien gear holster or any leather backed holster can get nasty after owning it and carrying it for awhile. The best thing about stealth gear is they use a vent core style backing that allows the skin to breath. If the material begins to get stinky or feel yuck just take off the kydex and wash the vent core backing.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Has anyone tried Tucker's Deep Carry holsters? They're ~kydex but lined with his leather, so safer to the finish of the gun than just using kydex. I'm thinking about one for a 1911

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just received a holster for my MK2 yesterday. It is from Hidden Hybrid Holsters. It has a really snug fit, I'm hoping after wearing it for a while it will have a more reasonable fit.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought my first 5.7. It is a MKII. I have been reading the internet till I am blue in the face regarding holtsers. Do you still like you "cover up plus"? Any issues with the safety disengaging like some say it will when carrying in leather?
Just spent a week hiking in the mountains with the Five-seveN, alternating between Galco OWB paddle holster (sold as fits-MkII on Amazon but package says for USG) and Tucker's Cover up Plus.

I'm extremely happy with both. I had been leaving the FsN in the Galco to help it mold better (it was too tight to begin with, pushing the slide back out of battery on insert) and it turned out to be a perfect fit.

With both holsters I got to run, climb, drive a truck and ride on horseback with. They both grabbed my Kore gunbelts well and neither ever started to lose the gun. With the belt pretty tight and the Galco at 3*clock it would shift forward to around 2.5* but very comfortable and pretty exciting once I realized it had a perfect grip. So my stance: both spectacular holsters. If I were able to open carry here in my owm state I'd check out the Tucker belt holsters

·
Registered
1 Posts
Crossbreed looks like they make iwb and owb for the Five Seven MKII. Good reputation. Clinger Holsters also makes Holsters for the Five Seven MKII. I own an IWB Clinger Holster for a different gun and it's good. They offer an alternative to a leather backing with a pad. I don't know if I will be carrying my MKII but those are two good companies. I only found 1 review between both sites on the specific holster for Clinger and it was 5 stars.

141 - 154 of 154 Posts