FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a full size handgun, and can't make up my mind. I either want an FN FiveSeven or a black Springfield Tactical Response. The 1911 is a bit more expensive, but I have always wanted one. The FiveSeven is just a give, I SHOULD have it, but I don't.

They are two completely different guns, and I know this, but I just need some direction as I can't make up my mind. I am usually swayed one way or another, but I can't decide between the two.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I had a TRP before - compared to other 1911s I have owned, I didn't like it as much. I didn't find it to be quite as accurate as others I have owned. A Kimber was the most accurate 1911 I prev owned.

I also HATE the Springfield night sights. They are novak - but instead of using Trijicon Novaks w/ the nice white circles around the tritium that is bright to see. Springfield uses Novaks with these silver circles around the tritium. They are damn near impossible to see in low light - like an indoor range that isn't dark enough for the tritium to be effective. I've seen many others complain about thise besides me.

Now, if U really want a nice 1911, get one. Although, U may wanna look at different brands and models too.

As for the 5-7 pistol. I've never owned one. Ammo is very high for a pistol -- I can justify the costs for a rifle to myself at least. Now, I kinda would like to have the pistol just to match my PS90. But at the cost of it, I'm not sure I'll ever buy one.

What do U want more? The 1911 might be more practical.

·
Registered
636 Posts
well that a tough one i dont think i would try to smack someone with my 5.7 but then 20 rds to 8 ? I dont know i think i would go for the .45 because if you get the drop you can always give them a smack to the back of the head. but if it were a all out gun fight a 20 round mag is just a lot of ammo i am firm on controled fire not just dumping rounds so i would carry a .45 since i have seen pigs that rounds were tested on and the all just one shot to the upper right sholder .45 wounds killed the quickest out of a 9mm/357/40/ and .223/308 the 45 hole ran like a faucet none of the other ones did that the 5.7 was not tested but .223 was i dont think there is much difference

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I still haven't decided. I think that I am going to hold off, and start looking for a used one. Whichever I can pick up for a better deal, is the one that I will be buying.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
For the hell of it, I looked for a used Five-Seven pistol on some of the forsale areas of the popular sights this morning. Didn't see any.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I decided that it will be wiser to skip the handguns. I felt the 5.7 and REALLY like it (20 rounds mag+10 extension, just as cool of a gun as the PS90), but the cheapest I can find it is for $900, in which case, I will spend $600 more and get a 2nd PS90. I have a handgun, and other then possibly the 5.7, the 1911's, will still be around for a long time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts