FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm aware of the IOM, USG, ODG and FDE models. I recently bought an FDE.

I do have some questions that I thought more experienced 5.7 folks might be able to answer for me.

1) Is the USG model designation wishful thinking or did any branch or the U.S. government or military officially purchase some of these?

2) I have heard of two variations of the Tactical models (DAO and SA) and have seen some photos of what appears to be an IOM with low fixed sights and no manual safety. Does anyone have any information on the Tactical models and their differences from the IOM/USG/Color Coordinated models now available?

3) Were the Tacticals really striker fired and if so why did the striker get replaced by hammers in the IOM/USG.

4) Were the Tactical modesl ever sold to the general public in the U.S. ?

Thanks

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Robert S said:
take a look here

LINK REMOVED
Sorry - Please see rule #3 on the Forum Rules:
http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=3

3. If you have made posts on other FN forums you are welcome to reproduce the information here. Please do not post links to other FN forums - otherwise your post may be removed. Links to ANY OTHER forums for reference material are welcome.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gentlemen, can someone clue me in to the location of the prior posting (Subject, date, something,...) without using a link so I can check out the earlier information???

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks gentlemen, where there's a will there's a way. :)

Robert's info answered most of my questions completely.

Much appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts