FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if any of you watch the new Battlestar Galactica, but they use a 5.7 pistol as their main sidearm. They use some others randomly, but the main pistol is a 5.7. Now, in and of itself, that may not be very interesting, but they seem to have replaced/reworked/painted or something, some wood grips over them. Plastic and wood, meh... but it looks pretty cool in the show. Being that it's a one piece, molded grip, any ideas as to how they many have done that? or is it an overlay?

They carry a few P90's on the show as well, but most carry a Berretta Storm for their carbines.

Zhur

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, didn't mean season 4... I'm just old enough to remember the "old" BSG. hehe :roll:

Zhur

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Yea, The old cylons had shiney metal butts like LOWMANJASON and Starbuck did not have breasts. Ya have to admit, it brings a hole new meaning to Starbucking. :p

·
Registered
857 Posts
The new one rocks!
Excellent special effects - hottie cyborgs - excellent writing - no furry pets
It's just a great show

The also use Cx4 storms often

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the captures. I have since seen that. I have been watching it in HD as of late, and could tell. Forgot about this post though hehehehe.

zhur

·
Registered
3 Posts
The grips are just painted with krylon brown paint and they used the Tactical model with a 2 piece machined aluminum "grenade launcher" bolted on the rail loaded with a squib for the firing effect.

They are really cool in person!

-Rob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts