FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody seen one? Is the color all the way through the composite material? This may seem an odd question, however I purchased Walther PPS 1st Edition and the color is not all the way through. The grey color wears and flakes off. I have had a FiveSeven in black and sold it. I was thinking of replacing it with the OD green or Dark earth this time around. Just not sure if the color will hold up to holster wear and possibly some concealed carry during the winter months. Any info would be appreciated. I searched and could not even find a photo or reference to the OD green model. Thanks

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Yes - most of these colored frames are all the way thru - I know the PPS you are referring to - and yea, that one has something stuck over a black frame. It is my understanding that those fake carbon fiber finishes on the Walther p22, and some of those other finishes they offer for the P22, are also a covering over a black frame.

Most of the OD green polymer guns, and the desert colored polymer guns are NOT made with that covering. They are that color all the way thru.

The colored Five Sevens are that color in the plastic.

·
Registered
239 Posts
My local shop always has an OD Green, FDE, & Black in stock. The polymer frame is green all the way through, just like the FDE one that I have is.

MadDog :?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts