FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

yup, sadly I live in a restricted state. There seems to be a serious lack of fixed mag kits for these? If none currently exist, what are some other options? IE bullet button. Featureless doesn’t count as one.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Is it a mag capacity issue in your state? You could go with 10 round mags for the 17

·
Registered
74 Posts
Plus

I haven't tried this combo, but it might work. Try contacting the manufacturers and see if they can provide some insight.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You may be looking for something like this: FN SCAR Complete CA Conversion Kit

There is also one Raddlock for the SCAR listed on gunbroker you may want to check out. It is also cheaper than the bullet button. Hope this helps.
This is the only thing I can find. I did find something on torque precision site, but alas, it’s been under maintaince for about 2 weeks now :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Plus

I haven't tried this combo, but it might work. Try contacting the manufacturers and see if they can provide some insight.
Hmmmm now that’s something i didn’t think about! Since it appears there are basiclly no mag lock kits on the market, that may be my best bet!

·
Registered
74 Posts
The SCAR CA conversion kit won't work, the laws in CA changed in ~2017 so things like that are illegal except in SCARs that were registered back then. Bulletbutton offers those as spare parts for registered rifles.

The registration window is closed so that's why new products have popped up to be post-2017 compliant.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The SCAR CA conversion kit won't work, the laws in CA changed in ~2017 so things like that are illegal except in SCARs that were registered back then. Bulletbutton offers those as spare parts for registered rifles.

The registration window is closed so that's why new products have popped up to be post-2017 compliant.
I’m on the east coast so I don’t have to deal with any of that thankfully! But that totally explains why companies stoped making these parts.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I’m on the east coast so I don’t have to deal with any of that thankfully! But that totally explains why companies stoped making these parts.
I'm curious as to which state you're dealing with. I'm familiar with CA's regulations and how to address them, but what products and solutions have other states used in the face of Democrat tyranny?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm curious as to which state you're dealing with. I'm familiar with CA's regulations and how to address them, but what products and solutions have other states used in the face of Democrat tyranny?
I’m in the Empire State. Not that far behind the epic tyranny California is dealing with. Here we either go fixed mag or featureless. For the AR platform my go to recommendation is the cross armory fixed mag kit. Super easy to install. The bullet button was never “legal” here. An FFL was charged with safe act violations by selling bullet button rifles early on. He eventually fought it and got the charges dropped. The DA in that case made a compromise with the gun buyers. They simply made them epoxy over the bullet button. You see a lot of AK guys with featureless rifles. A bunch of guys chose to go the “other” option. I respect that but a legal grey area is something I don’t want to take a chance with. Also it’s basically impossible to get a 80 lower transferred as an “other” these days. 99% of companies won’t even ship those here anymore.
I ended up emailing a few manufactures this week asking about mag locks. MagLatch got back to me and said they have kits in production for the 16 and 17! Told me to keep my eyes on their social media and it should be released soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts