FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone looked into these home-built flamethrowers for sale?

I'm not affiliated with them, just curious.

Homemade Flamethrower plans | Buy or DIY

I know there aren't any federal regulations regarding owning flamethrowers, but I wonder how safe these things are?

Could make a fun 4th of July toy, assuming it was a safe enough design.

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
Perfect, nothing better than mainstream online instructions to build a flame thrower. I wonder how long until drive-by-shootings turn into drive-by-barbecuings?

Reactions: blkbd

·
Registered
551 Posts
When I worked up north in the Snow belt New England. I carried a hand pump Yale pallet jack with me on my Truck deliveries. In winter many a time the Jack's Hydraulics would freeze.
I carried a couple of cans of over the counter HAIR SPRAY and a ZIPPO lighter. This makeshift Flame thrower was great at warming the hydraulic fluid to work the Jack.

·
Registered
431 Posts
local morning DJ has one, talks about it often. so it must be legal here.

side note: the man that invented the flame thrower had to just hate life a little. i mean who else sits there and thinks "i want to burn some one alive...no, i want to burn a lot of some ones alive..."

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Nothing better for home defense!!!!! Ammo is cheap and plentiful-- Don't have to practice accuracy with that (forget the laser), in the dark-hit the trigger (you have light)

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
And burn your house down in the process!!!!

I'll stick with launching little copper colored lead projectiles, worse case I'll have to patch a few holes in the walls and maybe replace a window or two, beats bbq'ing me domicile. :?

Nothing better for home defense!!!!! Ammo is cheap and plentiful-- Don't have to practice accuracy with that (forget the laser), in the dark-hit the trigger (you have light)

Reactions: Spilz

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Nothing better for home defense!!!!! Ammo is cheap and plentiful-- Don't have to practice accuracy with that (forget the laser), in the dark-hit the trigger (you have light) and you know if you hit your target instantly!!!!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And body armor doesn't stop it. ::!!!::

No, I was more interested in it as a 4th of July toy or something, although I'm sure there are some other applications.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I'm wondering if I'm a sicko or something, because I think this is pretty cool lol. I've never seen one or thought about it...closest I've entertained is dragon breath loads out of a shotgun.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
It stands for Displaced Water experiment 40. Made in Mexico :-D

Reactions: BigBuckeyeGuy

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, according to Wiki, in Britain owning a flamethrower will get you a prison sentence up to 10 years.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts