FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here--
Just picked up a 40cal FNS, and (had read some where??) that NOT all of the lights offered worked well on our FNS models. (set screw?)
What are some of you using, or recommend, or do over, if U got the wrong one??

This will be used for nightstand, home defense---just me and the wife in home--no kids coming in late. I'm older and eyes not like they used to be----is a laser combo good???? NO night sights installed, thought money better spent on a light.

Your input is welcome----also would like the light to also fit S&W 9mm MP FS.
Sorry to be such a noob---but how is the light/laser activated?????

Thanks Rocky

·
Registered
56 Posts
Don't know what happened to my original post...
i have the Streamlight TLR3. It attaches to any gun rail. The switch is a toggle that ends up right in front of the trigger guard. It can be accessed by either index finger. Toggle one direction for momentary on and the other direction for constant on. I love it.

Streamlight (and others) also have a light/laser combo. I haven't tried it myself. While I think a laser adds something in terms of being able to aim while not looking down the sights, I find the same thing can be accomplished with just the TLR3 by simply putting the center of the light beam on the target and pulling the trigger. The area of the beam is sufficiently small at combat distances that just aiming with the beam will work.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
I like the Streamlight line. I have the TLR-2s, TLR-1s (and an HL version) and a couple of TLR-4's. Out of all of them I actually prefer the TLR-1 HL. But that's because I just don't get a lot of use out of the lasers. Here's and old pic of the TLR-2s on the FNS-9:

Reactions: rockyinnm

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replys----
Question on the TLR-1 (vs) TLR-1 HL--after doing some quick reading the (HL) version has a wide beam--and the other NON HL has a more/tight beam---
I have no night sights--would the tighter beam work BETTER for a point and shoot--poor eye sight-not blind, but poor---
Rocky

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all who responded---
I went with the TLR-1 got one off EBay 95.53 delivered---

1 - 6 of 6 Posts