FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this site and do not want to be a post hog. However, I do not see any discussion on the FN 30-11 Sniper Rifle. I know that 51 were imported and that manufacture ceased in 1986.

Does anyone own one of these rare beasts?

Does anyone know the serial number range on this precision weapon?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I am not familiar with that gun. We obviously focus on the FN guns that are out now. But, there is an "Other FN" section for the older guns that were released in small numbers in the past.

Please educate some of us on these guns, though. Also, many euro guns released by popular manufacturers (FN, HK, others) are not known very well by the avg American. So, help us out on these types of FN weapons if you know about them :)

The other FN area is here:

http://www.fnforum.net/viewforum.php?f=63

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I apologize if I posted incorrectly. I will need to become more familiar with where to post certain issues. Thanks.

The FN 30-11 is a bolt-action, precision sniping rifle made for military and police. It utilizes a Mauser action and has the heavier receiver and barrel.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Well, if it is a bolt action - I guess it could fit in either that other area OR here - so, no problem. I am sure FN has made many weapons that a lot of us are not familar with because they are either no longer made or are only available to the military.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool. My computer skills are limited when it comes to posting pictures, but anyone interested in seeing an FN 30-11 can search that phrase on the internet, or go to worldguns.com under rifles/sniper rifles or bolt action rifles- Belgium.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My picture posting skills are horrible. A better picture of the FN 30-11 can be found by:

1. Search FN 30-11 on the internet;
2. Click onto second entry ("ZF's).

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Doesn't anyone have, or knows who has, an FN 30-11? I am curious as to the serialization range as I have seen one for sale.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts