FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got to take the 5.7 out last night for the first time and my initial impression is severe disappointment. I say this because When I cranked the adjustable sights all the way down to the slide, even at 20 yards, I was not even hitting paper on a 12" target. Very concerning. So I cranked it up so far that the set screw was sitting on TOP of the thread, and I was STILL hitting 3-5 in BELOW bullseye. I have always shot the same, with the very tip of the front sight in-between and perfectly aligned with the very top of the rear sight. So that all three set in a row accordingly flush. If anyone has had this experience, please help. It would be much appreciated. I noticed that the front sight was insanely tall in my opinion as well. Thanks again and I am glad to be a part of this community.

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
What round are you using?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FNH 5.7x28 40grain VMax
5.7x28 Federal American Eagle 40grain

Using stock adjustable rear sight and fixed front sight

·
Registered
470 Posts
Most of the time you will need to put the target on top of the front sight and not directly behind it. But it does depend on the rounds you're using

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
@Jhs27275

I actually went out to the lobby, asked the counter guy for a screwdriver, reset the sight to bottom out, and dead center East-West, shot at 20 feet and wasn't even hitting paper. Was shooting low and left with everything reset. Holstered and redrew and shot off feel and was almost dead center but north east 3"in. I just dont understand it...this is not my first gun, nor not even near my first year shooting. I shoot just about everything and have never had issues unless sights were way out of whack. I'm lost

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
@Jhs27275

I actually went out to the lobby, asked the counter guy for a screwdriver, reset the sight to bottom out, and dead center East-West, shot at 20 feet and wasn't even hitting paper. Holstered and redrew and shot off feel and was almost dead center but north east 3"in. I just dont understand it...this is not my first gun, nor not even near my first year shooting. I shoot just about everything and have never had issues unless sights were way out of whack. I'm lost
The pistols are sighted at 25 feet by the factory using SS195 which is a high speed round, you are shooting the two slowest rounds.

Reactions: BigBuckeyeGuy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's a bit disconcerting that there would be THAT much bullet drop though at that short a distance. Thank you though, I will have another go. At least my SCAR is dead on at all distances...helps me to cope lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ahhhhh!...ok. That 3rd Image explains a LOT. Thanks so much jhs! Will take some practice and report back with my results. fingers crossed*

·
Registered
368 Posts
my point exactly. Make sure you are using a combat sight picture vice a target/6 o'clock hold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts