FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are all the SCAR 16S built in the US now vs. being imported? Are there any differences in quality in the American produced vs Belgium imported? thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m guessing some of the parts are still being imported
I wouldn't say quality is any different! Biggest thing is the Belgium made SCAR’s will always be more sought after and bring a premium price
Is it only more sought after due to the fact of being from Belgium?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ah I see thanks. What would be considered a good price to purchase the American made SCAR16S today?

·
Super Moderator
18,636 Posts

·
Administrator
12,192 Posts
I crossed it off my list of wants or nice to have when the price rose to $2300.

You have to figure you are paying $1000 to $1500 just because its a SCAR that was developed for SOCOM forces but they decided they had no use for it.

Parts are not the easiest to get for it as well. It's a good rifle but overpriced to other comparable rifles.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I've had 3 American SCARs now...all of them unfortunately had receiver screws either not torqued to spec or torqued above spec...last time around...I just replaced every single screw with MotoTech's Torx and torqued them appropriately...

Is it that they are cranking them out too fast with lacking QC like Sig...I don't know...but the factory allen head screws suck anyway...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Are all the SCAR 16S built in the US now vs. being imported? Are there any differences in quality in the American produced vs Belgium imported? thanks
German cars, Swiss watches and Belgium SCAR's.

In all seriousness, from having a Belgium SCAR 17 for 8 years and not a single issue and following various gun pages it is in my mind that the way the Belgium rifles were assembled is that more attention to detail in assembly and so forth was done compared to the USA built rifles.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yes if you’re able to find one
I want to get one. I really do, but since I've been playing catch-up in a few supply side areas, it's just out of the question. That price you mentioned is the lowest I have seen in some time.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm pretty sure the barrels are different. My Belgian SCAR barrel has different markings (looks like a crown or some intricate logo) than a newer 2017 manufacture date SCAR 16S barrel assembly I have. Quality is also a bit different as the newer barrel front sight is very hard to raise/lower, and I can see the machining isn't as good.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts