FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for ammo manufactures suggestions and gr weight for the fn 15 that it may like / shoot better than others, looking for bulk and boxed info to get started with, range will be out to 200 yrds if i can even get on paper at that distance.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My patrol carbine does not care what i shoot. All pretty good groups. Before the panic, i was getting PMC Xtac for it, it was very cheap at the time.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Most 5.56 55gr ammo is good to shoot with.

only issue is if your just now looking for good/bulk ammo you’re about 6 months late to the party. Everyone is looking for ammo right now expect the ones who know how to buy cheap and stack deep.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
was able to grab/plead with some friends and got some in 223 and 556 to test it with, only got @ 50rds through it, picked up a 1000 rd box of 556 XM855/62gr gt today, kinda excited to be able to go to the range shortly. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anything with a 1:9 twist or better will eat pretty much anything you feed through it. Mine isn't an FN (missed out on a chance to get an FN upper because I was being responsible), but it eats everything I put through it. I zeroed it for 62gr XM855 GT, but that's just for a baseline zero. I have a pretty wide variety of stuff here, even though I have way more 7.62x39 than I do 5.56

1 - 5 of 5 Posts