FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,706 Posts
Welcome to our lovely Forum!
By looking at the appearance they are in pretty bad shape and hold no value! A few bucks possibly

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
I think what LESTER is referring to is condition, it may be functional but it's in fairly bad condition. The pitting itself is really bad, if your photos indicate before and after, it looks like it spent decades sitting on a coral reef.

You posted a link to a pistol in near pristine condition hence the price. However even at auction an item will only sell for what a given buyer is willing to pay. If you had some provenance to accompany the pistol it might help with valuation.

It would appear you're in Austria, selling/transferring a firearm to a US based private buyer could prove difficult.

Best advice, find a local expert in antique firearms. Good luck!

Reactions: LESTER

·
Registered
643 Posts
Hey Janex,

Neat pistol. Are all the pictures of the same gun? There are two of an exceptionally rusty pistol and the others look like it may be the same pistol with the rust ground off.

Unfortunately the pistol (both, or perhaps they are the same one) is far too damaged by time and the elements to be useful as a weapon, so there is no practical use value. Regarding collector value, it is likely worth near-zero and with collectible items you should not remove the original "patina" (the rust) as that removes the history appeal.

The auction you referenced for a similar pistol is one in "very fine" condition with its accompanying leather holster. This is very different from the pistol you pictured. For a bit of fun...

These two are not worth the same:
20140418_112055.jpg

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
Well, the upper Model T does have a bigger trunk than the lower Model T.

Janex says everything is functional other than the magazine that's a testament to FN quality, not that I'd want to shoot it but still.

Hey Janex, maybe you could contact FN Herstal (Belgium) see if they might be interested in your artifact. Worst they can say is no.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for you answers , this browning stay on my collection . i dont sell .

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
Thanks for you answers , this browning stay on my collection . i dont sell .
A good decision, do you know any of it's history? If nothing else it makes a great conversation piece.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts