FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Im new to the forum. Lurked for a bit. Just found a NIB, barreled action for the PBR XP. I have some questions for anyone that would like to give me some advice. I'm looking for a stock. Love the Accuracy International but inderstand this action doesnt fit. Does anyone have any experience making one of these fit or is it impossible? Any other stocks recommended out ther? Choate? McMillan?Also, I was thinking of stepping up to the bull barrel from the A3 G. Are they easy to obtain? Can they be bought direct from FN? or is it better to just get a custom barrel? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and looking forward to learning more about FN bolt guns here.

·
Registered
475 Posts
you can get a mcmillan or manners stock for an fn, the spr rifles use a mcmillan a3 or a4 stock. you may or may not have to have a rifle/gunsmith inlet it for you. as far as the barrel you could shoot what you have or i would buy a top of the line aftermarket barrel for it like an obermeyer or krieger, there are plenty of other goods barrels to look at too. i was thinking of buying an spr action and building my own rifle. good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks horse. Will definitely check those stocks out. Friends agree to go with a better custom barrel when I decide to upgrade. Thanks again.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Check out
Robt. W. Hart

http://www.rwhart.com/index.html

Bob Hart has built three for me. I really like his work and all I can tell ya is when they come back from them you have a rifle that shoots. They are real craftsmen.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello everyone. Im new to the forum. Lurked for a bit. Just found a NIB, barreled action for the PBR XP. I have some questions for anyone that would like to give me some advice. I'm looking for a stock. Love the Accuracy International but inderstand this action doesnt fit. Does anyone have any experience making one of these fit or is it impossible? Any other stocks recommended out ther? Choate? McMillan?Also, I was thinking of stepping up to the bull barrel from the A3 G. Are they easy to obtain? Can they be bought direct from FN? or is it better to just get a custom barrel? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and looking forward to learning more about FN bolt guns here.
Hello buddy 996F, I have a proyect for a FN 3006 made in belgium, whit Mark Bartlein barrels, he will sell me a bar whitout contour, thread and chamber / Im looking who can help me on that / for the stock I will recomend you Midwest Gun Work, May be he can help me too to refurbish my stock and made the barrel for long rang 🥳😎

·
Registered
8,496 Posts
I did a project for my birthday few years ago with a spr a5m. Picked up the stock at Midwest gun works. I’m not sure but I think they are discontinued- you may have to look, but they are out there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello guys letme introduce my old 1956 Brno Made in CZECHOSLOVAKIA, until now very good pattern at 25 mts,150/ 200mtrs , sorry I know that this forum is just for FN Rifles, but this rifle had a very good quality

Target field today 22 stinger, 32 gr, 20 shoots in a row, just two out of 1 inch red dot,

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts