FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an FN Five-seveN IOM back when they first hit the market. I locked it away and just recently got it out and started breaking it in. It has the adjustable sights on it, but I notice when I am shooting it looks like the sight has a large profile on it or maybe just smaller white dots. I have upgraded my other handguns with night sights and I like it a lot, I though I could just do a web search but I can't find much of anything on getting sights on the FN Five-seveN. Anyone with info please help!

·
Banned
1,973 Posts
Robert at fivesevenreddot.com has fiber optic sights and soon will have tritium optic sights for the Five-seveN pistol.

Elite Ammunition at eliteammunition.net has tritium night sights for the Five-seveN pistol.

Have transactions with both of the above, satisfied with all transactions.

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
I've got an FN Five-seveN IOM back when they first hit the market. I locked it away and just recently got it out and started breaking it in. It has the adjustable sights on it, but I notice when I am shooting it looks like the sight has a large profile on it or maybe just smaller white dots. I have upgraded my other handguns with night sights and I like it a lot, I though I could just do a web search but I can't find much of anything on getting sights on the FN Five-seveN. Anyone with info please help!
If it is a true IOM and you change the sights you stand to drop the value of the pistol $400-500. Something to think about.

Reactions: amphallang

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pictures

Here some pictures of what I am talking about.

The FN Five-SeveN
SN# 386 101 5**
Gun Revolver Cylinder Trigger Airsoft gun
The Sights, seem way to big, I don't see myself selling this
but I don't want to lose $400 in value by just placing a sight on it.

Glock with TRUGLO Optic Sights/Night Green Technology Electronic device
Glock with TRUGLO Tritium Font Number

Technology Electronic device Electronic instrument Electronics Gadget
The Tritium is good, but I do like the visual aspect of the Optic; some
say they thing they might break.

At this point, I sell it for what ever... Or Invest more into it so I like the way it shoots, but also making less valuable?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
An IOM is not going to drop $500 in price because you upgrade the sights.... scough... Maybe if you carve your initials on the side or airbrush a zombie clown on the receiver.

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
An IOM is not going to drop $500 in price because you upgrade the sights.... scough... Maybe if you carve your initials on the side or airbrush a zombie clown on the receiver.
I've bought and sold a lot of IOM's. A complete IOM NIB with all the paperwork and correct mags will bring $1500-2000 depending on the serial number.

An altered IOM has no more value than any other used FsN, $700-850, depending on the options and if it's complete.

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
Funny you mentioned correct mags, this come with three 10 round mags I latter added some 20 round mags.
Yep, the IOM came from the factory with 10 round mags.

To a collector of the pistols the closer it is to new factory issued condition the more they will are willing to pay.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I guess I don't consider my IOM a collector item. I bought it NIB, I still have the box, paperwork, etc. I sold the crappy 10-rd mags.. who the hell wants 10rd mags? I guess a collector would. Oh well, mine's a shooter, not a safe queen. Jarvis threaded barrel, front night sight, reflex sight on the back, CMMG 30rd extensions, Streamlight TLR-1S, and a Gemtech FSN57 hanging off the front. I wonder what thats worth to a collector? Lmao!!??

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
I have a suppressed Tactical model that I use every day. I don't care about the collector value on it as it will never be sold.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't see myself selling the Five-seveN. I remember seeing this in Guns & Ammo along side the P90 back in the late 80s early 90s and never thought I'd own it myself. Anyhow I'd like to get the optics setup then focus on the trigger and onto a threaded barrel. Some other question then are; how do people like the reflex sights on the Five-seveN? How are the 10+ mag extensions? I heard that they had some problems. Then which threaded barrel to go with? Also had some questions about the trigger, I haven't even looked into yet as it feels a little sloppy but could be the lack of muscle memory on the firearm. Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes so now what I need help finding is the Burris FastFire II mount which I can't seem to find anywhere! I have emailed the company about the stock, which we will have to see about that. If anyone has any of these laying around that is just the Burris FastFire II mount, well if ya got the sight too for a good deal let me know as well and it fits the IOM let me know I will purchase it from you! If that doesn't break any rules here.... Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can't help you , but would buy your adj rear sight. [email protected]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts