FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have a five seven also? How do you like them? What do you like dislike about them? Just cruious about them.

Thanks for the input

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Yes, there is a thread here:
http://ps90forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=183

To be fair, this thread was originally in the PS90 forum, and I moved it here...

But, I'm not going to be a Nazi on moderation here, like some places are. I think by not interfering w/ the regular exchange of the site (as long as everyone behaves), the site can thrive better...

·
Registered
11 Posts
They are awesome! When I first handled a fellow officer's 57, I thought wow how light. It has 20rd mags, chambered as the P90/PS90 carbines and has an overall awesome look to it.
I shot mine and it had a good solid feel & outstanding recoil. I liked it so much that I bought #2 as well as (2) Jarvis FN 57 threaded barrels (waiting) Lasermax UNI-Max rail laser, M3X and 10rd ext. for (2) mags. I also bought a brand new black PS90. I sold some glocks and HKs to fund my new found joy, Fabrique Nationale Herstal.

The only thing I don't care for right now is the ammo prices. My local gun shop where a lot of my buddies and I buy firearms and such have the 50rd box at $28.95 and even w/ police discount it is still $25.00. Basically I haven't bought much more ammo. I'm waiting for the new Bass Pro Shop to open tomorrow which is about 5 min away from my home.

Just my opinion.
GPD1357

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Yes, ammo is ridiculous at some places. Gander Mountain charged about $25 for 195 and $29.95 for 197!!!!!

197 is sold locally for $19.67 where I live at, but I can't get 195. I bought 1 box of 195 at a Gander Mountain the last time I went to Houston. If I like it, I guess I'll order some from CMMG.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I picked up a PS90 and Five seveN at the same time. I'm evaluating the pair as basically survival firearms. I usually carry a 9mm handgun, but don't care for any of the 9mm carbines I've seen/shot. I'm interested in the Kel-tec rifles, but haven't found a place that carries them just yet. I have a Grendel P30 in .22mag that I'd hoped would be a good survival handgun (but it turned out to be a piece of s**t).

What I'm looking for in a survival firearm is a single caliber that can be used in a handgun (for CCW EDC) and a carbine, and that's better than a run of the mill .22 for stopping power. Ideally it'd be a round that my wife can handle (she does well with my .223 semiautos, but not so well with the .308s).

I'd be more a fan of the Five seveN if it were smaller. Weight-wise, it's not bad, but it's an awfully large handgun to try to conceal. For CCW, I'd like to see it sized more like a Glock 26 or a HK P2000SK, even if that cuts mag capacity by a few rounds.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've got both the PS90 and FiveseveN. The pistol is very light, no recoil, 20 rounds, and roughly 9mm/.40S&W muzzle energy. It's a great piece. I've had all three mags that came with it chip at the front left side (looks like the following position round gets smacked into the front of the mag when the first round is stripped off. Hasn't effected function.

·
Registered
414 Posts
What is the accuracy you guys get from the fiveseven?

Considering the light recoil it shoudl give very accurate shots at 21 and 50 feet pistol ranges, and rapidfire is probably a dream from it.

I am actually considering getting one for carry.. Dammit where is my bullettube to do some wounding testing already..

the ammo is not even that expensive compared to good quality 9mm or 45acp rounds. Heck it's actually cheaper.. lol

·
Registered
414 Posts
tqtran said:
Its a very accurate pistol.
SS192 / @20 yards / 1 inch aluminum plate
Hmm.. so about 2-2.5" at 20 yards. Not too bad off hand.

I was hoping it'd have gone through that aluminum though. :twisted:

·
Registered
857 Posts
General_Mayhem said:
What I'm looking for in a survival firearm is a single caliber that can be used in a handgun (for CCW EDC) and a carbine, and that's better than a run of the mill .22 for stopping power. Ideally it'd be a round that my wife can handle (she does well with my .223 semiautos, but not so well with the .308s).
Have you looked at the Beretta CX4 / Px4 combo
The px4 is a soft shooting pistol very light recoil in 9mm and managebale in .40

The cx4 is a joy to shoot in any caliber - they both share the same mags
and you can buy both of them for less then the prices of a PS90

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Now that I am stashing ammo, it would be nice to have one of these pistols. I probably wouldn't use it much at the range. But if circumstances went bad, it would be nice to have 2 guns that used the same ammo caliber.

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
I would wait until Summer 2007 if you can Shipwrech.
The new FsN USG with factory night sights will be out this summer, according to FN. Its also suppose to have lower profile sights compared to the current.

·
Registered
90 Posts
ShipWreck said:
Now that I am stashing ammo, it would be nice to have one of these pistols. I probably wouldn't use it much at the range. But if circumstances went bad, it would be nice to have 2 guns that used the same ammo caliber.
That's one of the reasons I went with the PS90/FN57 combo.

I usually keep 500-1000 rounds about the house, if only to keep from going ammo shpping every time I go to the range. Cheaper when bought in bulk online.

·
Registered
3 Posts
ShipWreck said:
But, I'm not going to be a Nazi on moderation here, like some places are. I think by not interfering w/ the regular exchange of the site (as long as everyone behaves), the site can thrive better...
Amen, that's a breath of fresh air!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts