FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my new fde fnx tactical 45... I looked at a lot of kydex holster specially blade tech.they are great but i don't want to get marks or scratches on the slide using these holsters...does any one know of leather holster manufacture for this specific firearm...I put a rmr on it too..... some one suggested that the fnp 45 tactical is identical ????would appreciate some feedback ..please......

·
Premium Member
9,492 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

The FNP Tactical shares the same dimensions with the FNX Tac, so the holsters are interchangeable.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I went with these guys: KT Holsters - Home and got the Akela with competition cut for my FNX-T and Glock 17. Their customer service is outstanding, very responsive and helpful. The holsters should be shipped today so hopefully I'll see them by the end of the week to test out.

If I like the quality and fitment I might order the defender holster for my FNX-T with TLR1 mounted.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Question on the Kydex not scratching the gun.

I got a holster from a place, not going to say yet, that was not mentioned and notice that the Kydex is DEFINITELY scratched. How does this not indicate the gun is getting the same, although maybe much, much slower?

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Question on the Kydex not scratching the gun.

I got a holster from a place, not going to say yet, that was not mentioned and notice that the Kydex is DEFINITELY scratched. How does this not indicate the gun is getting the same, although maybe much, much slower?
You'll get holster wear with kydex, but it won't scratch it as kydex is a much softer material and the finish will hold up to it. A leather holster will also wear the finish (some argue it'll wear it more).

Basically, if you don't want your gun to get holster wear, don't holster it.

Reactions: TILLOO

·
Registered
20 Posts
I can't think of a holster that won't wear your pistol somewhere. The FNX is a combat tool and the more grizzly it looks the better. Kydex and leather will wear the slide where they contact. Soft holsters will wear EVERYWHERE. Anything with an open muzzle will wear the exposed area faster. If you want to keep the gun perfect you can either transport it in a pistol case or holster it and get it periodically refinished.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts