FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well hello everyone. This is my first post on the forum.
I have found a new love for a gun that's not being imported anymore, the FN version of the Hi Power. I have picked up a couple of them recently, but my favourite is the SFS. Just an amazing system.
Does anyone know how many were brought in compared to the regular FN Hi Power?
Thanks, and glad to be here.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Great to hear of your purchase. I have the FN HP with SFS in 9mm and think the SFS is great for carry purposes. Sorry but don’t know how many SFS configured HPs were imported. Only know that CDNN had them in 9mm and 40S&W at a great price a few years back. Try and contact them for additional info.

·
Registered
20 Posts
don't know the numbers either, but it is a system made by Cylinder & Slide. They make it for the 1911 and HP. I had one of the FN .40 HP's and really liked it.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Sorry I don't know how many were imported but the SFS system was not a big seller for the Hi-Power. And most of them finally were turned over to a distributer and sold off at great prices. Sometimes change doesn't go over to well especially by diehard "cock and lock" pistoleros. I like the system myself and own the above picture SFS in .40cal.

[/img]

·
Registered
80 Posts

I missed out on the great prices that CDNN and others had but picked this one up NIB from Cabela's recently for a nice price...a couple hundred less than a new Browning and a few hundred more than when they were blowing them out at CDNN...I'm still in the learning curve but it is a nice shooting and the most comfortable .40 I have shot...bet the all steel construction has something to do with that...

Bill

·
Registered
34 Posts
I picked up a used SFS in 9mm about 6 years ago for $375. It was like new. I used it for 3 gun matches and it just rocked. I really like the gun and use it as a carry gun now. I really do need to shoot it more. It's a great system and I'd like to find another.

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
Batman said:
It's a great system and I'd like to find another.
I doubt you'll find it in that price range now. :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
jhs27275 said:
Batman said:
It's a great system and I'd like to find another.
I doubt you'll find it in that price range now. :D
Yeah I think your right. But you never know. I'm in Michigan and there are really hard times going on here. It's surprising what one comes across every now and then with so many folks hurting.

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
I hope you find another one, I sure like mine. :?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I bought again an FN HP Mk 3 about one year ago, and fitted the SFS-kit (Safety Fast Shooting kit) which equips most of the Belgian Swat teams for whom FN HP is still the mandatory pistol.

The kit works just fine, and allows you to carry a hot pistol hammer down:

·
Registered
980 Posts
I have picked up a couple of them recently, but my favourite is the SFS. Just an amazing system.
I know this is an OLD TOPIC, but...

This topic was brought up on another forum where we were discussing the new Lionheart 9, which is a slightly updated version of the DaeWoo DP-51. The question of similar trigger approaches came up, and the SFS and the Para LDA were mentioned. I don't see any similarities between any of these guns and the LH/Daewoo guns. I've had a couple of DaeWoos, have a BHP, and have shot the Para LDA.

The LH/DW guns have a hinged hammer: you cock it and drop the hammer by flipping it forward. The trigger has more takeup than you'd expect, very predictable, and it stages from a DA position to the SA start position, with the hammer flipping back as you do. Its predictable and quite safe. You can carry hammer down with or without the safety. (I've shot it in competition and its quite easy to use. After the first shot, all following shots are SA -- but so is the first -- the subsequent shots positions the trigger back to the normal SA position.​

What's really different about the SFS system when compared to the standard Hi-Power system? I know there are some extra parts. (You can -- or could -- get something similar from Cylinder and Slide.)

If I understand how it works, it's still carried cocked and locked and you must still disengage the safety to fire the gun. Maybe I misunderstand?

If not, it seems that the only thing really different is the hammer position when carried (it's cocked, either way.)

Why makes the SFS system so attractive for you folks who seem to like it? It seems as though the actions on the shooter's part are the same.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts