FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my latest shopping trip, I would like to know, where the FN Machinegun Forum is on this site.

I got a FN M249 MK II, and maybe others also have Machineguns, or at least, want to talk about them. I also have some questions regarding it, and don't know where else to post them, for it to make sense ;-)

edit: Saw it in the "Other FN related ...", but I think, the FN Machineguns are a quite integral part of there Product Lineup ;-)

Regards

Reaper

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Well, I put the "other FN" section up a while back. Unfortunately, none of us guys here in the US can get our hands on those types of weapons. We have maybe 5-6 European members (some are in the military - otherwise they probably wouldn't have access to those kinda of weapons). If there was enough discussion in the "Other FN Weapon" section, maybe we could rename it or come up with something.

Since one of the Belgium members started talking about an FN gun I didn't know about, and for which we didn't have a section for at the time, I made that "Other FN" section as sort of the catch all for guns not available here.

I actually want a more international base of membersfor this site, and I'm happy to see members from outside of the USA join.

Right now, though, U are the only one with such an item or with direct info on FN Machineguns. Feel free to talk in the "Other FN section, and as it grows a bit, we'll look at it again.

·
Registered
636 Posts
We cant buy new mG here in the us just grandfathered ones but i think the NFA thread is what you are looking for .....OH BTW you suck(j/k) .......I love the 249...errrrr must be nice ........

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, there is not just the private market in the US, as far as I know. I think, there is a good Chance, that there are some Class III Dealers registered here, that can get there Hands on those Dealer Samples.

Oh, and don't forget, there is a big chance, that there are some M2 Machineguns out there, that are FN (Browning) and are tranferable ;-)

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Well, we have the NFA section for machine guns (Class III weapons here). And, the "other FN Weapon" section. If things pick up, we'll see. I would think that the Other FN section shoudl work great as a catch all for now, as there really hasn't been any of these topics coming up yet..

And if we have any class 3 dealers here, no one has spoken up yet.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I will post in the "Other FN Weapons" section then ;-)

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Thanks. And, if we get other requests or if things start to pick up, we'll make a new section. I just want to make sure it has enough traffic. As it is, right now we don't get much traffic in the FN Bolt Action section, and the Shotgun section is just starting to pick up a bit.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'd like to see a more specific forum for FN Military Weapons, which I feel to be a more accurate classification for a machine-gun category. I believe such a specific forum would encourage more participation from military and govt end users, who happen to be the largest peer group using FN weapons. It may even stir up the interest of a few Govt contractors like myself. The NFA & other forums do serve specific purposes, but Military weapons are not subject to the NFA, and there are more private US citizens currently serving in the military using FN weapons than all other FN owners/users combined. There are also many private companies here in the US making parts for FN weapons related to US Govt contracts.
The educational benefits of discussions related to FN military weapons would be great. I realize other forums treat the discussion of machine guns as being taboo or illegal, but the last time I checked freedom of speech was still a valid amendment. That being said, if you don't exercise your rights, you will surely loose them.
I vote for a FN Military Weapons forum.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
I'll talk to Therm and see what he thinks - but with only 4 threads in that "Other FN Firearms" section, I am not sure I see the purpose. If there was lots of talk about these subjects in that section, then I could see adding that new area.

I fear it will be an area with no traffic.

But, we'll look into it. It's possible...

Maybe we'll add it and see how it goes...

·
Registered
426 Posts
Right On Big Daddy!!! 8)

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts