FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
A friend pointed out to me that the weapon pictured in the article is actually a Mk20, not the SCAR 20. The upper even says Mk 20 Mod 0 Belgium on it (click the pics in the article for a better look). Would have been nice if they had used pics of the weapon they were talking about in the article.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The Hogue grip is definitely an after thought. Could they not take the time to at least make the damn thing fit properly? :-D

·
Registered
311 Posts
I do like how they've found yet another color of FDE for the stock that doesn't match anything else they've used on the gun to date.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Wow. In the comment section some jackass is bashing the 17 and the 20. Talking about Socom this and Socom that and they hate it blah blah blah. The Internet can be a fetid trash pile sometimes.

Reactions: BigBuckeyeGuy

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
I do like how they've found yet another color of FDE for the stock that doesn't match anything else they've used on the gun to date.
LOL.... I noticed that too, you would think that at this point in time they would be able to color match a new weapon launch....
I'm afraid to see the MAP or MSRP especially if it comes with a case & can , ect..... I thought the new FN15's were high. At least the one I bought was..... and it was the lower end " sport ' model.
Yes when I bought me Scar 17... I thought that was expensive but after an Elcan and other mods,,,, the true price of a dressed up 17 had doubled ++++ some. I spent more on the Glass & can than the weapon.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Well if it's anything like it little brother.... I bet it's a killer when reaching out !

·
Registered
949 Posts
I think selling it as a "kit" is a mistake. Everybody has their own favorite brand of scope and accessories. Throw a suppressor in the mix and now you have to wait for your stamp to clear to take delivery. I like the stock and the 20" barrel, but not sure I would pay the premium over the SCAR17 that this thing is going to cost. I surely would not buy one just to have to part it out just to get the setup the way I like it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think selling it as a "kit" is a mistake. Everybody has their own favorite brand of scope and accessories. Throw a suppressor in the mix and now you have to wait for your stamp to clear to take delivery. I like the stock and the 20" barrel, but not sure I would pay the premium over the SCAR17 that this thing is going to cost. I surely would not buy one just to have to part it out just to get the setup the way I like it.
It seems to me that they are following HK's example of the MR762A1-LRP. If you are not familiar with it , the kit comes complete with 2 mags, scope, bipod, sling and upgraded stock in a Pelican 1720 hard case .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts