FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching the FN video on the P90 and noticed that their mag pouches have a plastic protective cup attached to the flap. The cup fits over the magazine opening to protect the first round. This feature seems to be missing from the commercial mag pouches I have seen. Does anyone sell it with the cup? I know one vendor who sells just the cup, and it could be easily attached to a current pouch...

·
Registered
152 Posts
That is the FN mag pouch. They have it in stock at impact. :-D

FN P90 Magazine Pouch
Price: $256.99
Manufacturer: FN
Manufacturer Item #: 381999999
Impact Item #: 818513002493
In stock, ships in 48 hrs.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Totally agree with statement above.

Also, you can buy exisiting PS90/P90 magazine pouch from The Vest Guy or Blackhawk for $45ish (+/-).

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am surprised of the total lack of these cups in the pouches sold by all the vendors out there. I think one reason is that our armed forces are not using the P90 in great numbers. Look at the evolution in military gear since the GWOT started.

Sadly, the market for P90 kit may be driven in part by (for back of a better term) hobbyists, shooting enthusiasts, and airsofters. Hopefully this will change as more military and LEO use the weapon. Manufacturers need to look beyond the current market trend. Most pouches are the same design, with a few different buckles and velcro.

If you think about it, the magazine mouth needs to be protected, more so than a standard magazine. That first round needs to be secured as well, and dirt/moisture kept out.

I think there is a good reason why FN has the cup on their pouches.

There are plenty of good PS90 pouches out there, but no great ones. Maybe the Vest Guy can make the first great one....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts