FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was considering a PBR for my next rifle, but a major hang-up is that everything I have read states that parts & mags for FNs are costly & extremely hard to come by right now......Why are they hard to come by?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yes...I wish FNH would make a eight or ten round mag for the bolt guns with the mag.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Evopsych said:
Yes...I wish FNH would make a eight or ten round mag for the bolt guns with the mag.
I see no point for that. A sniper's job is 1 shot 1 kill. The Patrol guns were designed for police use. So the likelihood of those guns being used in combat are less likely. Therefore the extra rounds aren't needed. On top of that no other sniper bolt gun has those extra rounds either look at the 700 and such.

·
Registered
8 Posts
the Brits use the AI /w 10-rd detachable magazine, and the USMC is leaning that way. The myth of "One shot one kill" is great in theory; if you're not engaging multiple moving targets at various ranges that are shooting at you and your teammates in an urban setting, while fighting to see through shadows, dust, smoke, battling sound, distraction, etc. then it may be a reasonable expectation... maybe.
This consideration may not apply for most on this forum; however, the LEO need for greater mag capacity usually comes down to desire of the operator vs. the realistic need for it.
I'm sure most LEO marksmen would rather have the capacity and not need it than need it and not have it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts