FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Maybe I'm not understanding all the nuances of arms import/export laws but why doesn't FN make these available to civilian market as pistols? Wouldn't it be easy and cheaper for FN to import these as handguns and sell them to civilians? Cheaper compare to the rifle version of the full sized SCARs anyways due to the fact that rifles have to de-"sportized" after import.

Reactions: LESTER

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Thanks for posting the photo.

CPT, they just grind a metal insert in the lower so the mag can fit in the mag well, as I'm sure you know.

Other than that, good question. I'm sure there would have to be some engineering changes made to make it a pistol. With respect to the rear of the receiver, and not having a shoulder stock, something else would have to be made to hold the action spring, etc.

Reactions: CPTdaz

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
I know, it looks like it has a unique end plate (which the stock slides onto). It doesn't have the lower sling attachement point.

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Otto arms makes a simalar stock. If you chop your barrel and buy thier stock then you can have something close to that.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Honestly, its really comfortable, Its not heavy for what it is (all stainless and AL), etc. In my opinion, for me, a must have if you have an SBR 16s. Unfortunately my location says this is evil so...

·
Registered
303 Posts
Reminds me of a sexier version of the old 7.5" barrel DPMS Kitty Kat. This FN PDW looks sweet, and I'm sure it has a Security application, but a 6.75" barrel is really short. I would prefer the Scar 16S with 10" barrel. It's still pretty compact and much more versatile.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well, first thing I see is an AR-style sight plane for the BUIS. (which,BTW, thank you, are there)

Which means "sight in to any given distance, accuracy will depend upon how close you are shooting to zero"

for iron sights, at least.

Anybody know what caliber this little beast is?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts