FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a pic. of all my guns and something didn't look right. I compared mine to other pics I've seen and realized my magazine tube is shorter. I'm not overly happy about it actually and it didn't even cross my mind until I posted the picture. Why would FN ship these guns with different magazine tubes and not differentiate which one you're buying? Had I known this was the shorter one I wouldn't have bought it to be honest. Anyone else run in to this? Any way to get the longer tube/barrel?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think I recall reading about these before and someone else getting a shorty tube. Did you get this gun on gunbroker? I have the same police pump but the lower tube is the full length.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I got it through a local gunstore. I obviously can't vouch for where they got it from, so maybe...? They just had 5 of them in stock. The last two for sure were shorty style.

I sent FN an email about it. I realize it's not their fault but I'd like to figure out how to get the longer tube/barrel. If they can't do anything for me I think I'm just going to sell it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That just sucks. Nothing I can really do about it now though other than call the place I got it from and see if they'll work a trade with me. I really don't have much interest in this one without the equal length's....it just looks off to me.

Thanks for finding that though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I'll need to think this through....no need to be irrational about it. Maybe it's not that bad...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I haven't seen many with the short mag tube. Maybe you have the more "rare" variant. I have been checking all the usual sources for the long mag tube model, but the supply of NIB one's have seemed to have dried up. I kick myself for not picking one up a few years ago through CDNN.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I haven't seen many with the short mag tube. Maybe you have the more "rare" variant. I have been checking all the usual sources for the long mag tube model, but the supply of NIB one's have seemed to have dried up. I kick myself for not picking one up a few years ago through CDNN.
They come up on gunbroker now and again. That's where I picked mine up from.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I saw a few on GunBroker last week when I was looking at getting this one. I didn't realize there were two variants.

Anyone have any idea how much it would be to get a mag tube extension and mag cap parkerized?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts