FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Nice forum gentlemen, I just picked up a new in box FN PS-90 yesterday and this is one cool rifle! :? I will get it SBR'd through CMMG, However I am thinking of waiting until after November 15th, please let me know your thoughts of their work and if you think I should wait,

Best Regards,

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Why wait? Put the wheels in motion. Unless money is the limiting factor, but you can save money while waiting. Remember you have to wait for the ATF to process your application before you can actually SBR it. And from what I hear they are busy right now processing lots of paper work.

I have no input about CMMG and how there work is, never had dealings with them. I know they sell them allready SBR'd.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Yea I'd try to get it done sooner than later. You can find out more about getting it done under the NFA section of the site.

My thoughts on CMMG though.. mainly it is a question of availability. I ordered a 1:9 twist barrel back in March and still have not received it. I also ordered a 1:7 twist barrel before they went out of stock since I intend to shoot subsonic rounds suppressed. I emailed CMMG a few weeks back and it sounds like the new batch will be ready soon-ish but I have to wonder how back-ordered they are, otherwise I'm happy with it.

Your other choice is to have your stock barrel cut by one of the various vendors that can do it. Hope this helps..

·
Registered
475 Posts
if you have the money i would go ahead and sbr it now. just think of how many people are gonna try and get their paperwork in on november 16. also while you wait on the paperwork you can still enjoy shooting your ps90 or stock up on accessories, mags, and ammo for when you get it back.

i have never used cmmg for anything before so i will not comment on something i do not have personal expierence with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts