FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine just built a barrel shroud for his PS90. It is ported with small holes at the end to allow the muzzle blast from the flash hider to vent. It is made of aluminum so it doesn't ad much weight. The gun functions just fine with it in place.
He is thinking about building and selling the for around $150. if there is any interest. I tried to post pics of it from my photobucket account but I couldn't get it to work. If you would like to see pics you can contact Mike at [email protected] and he will email them to you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
ShipWreck said:
Did U post a pic on the 5-7 board? I thought I saw a pic there earlier... Looked pretty kewl.
Hey Shipwreck,

I just banned myself from the "other" forum. I got tired of Btown02 editing out pertinent info from my posts because I questioned his stance on things. I mounted the TDI side rails on my PS90 with a GG and G "sling thing" and this set-up works awesome. The sling is attached to the receiver and not the barrel, and I have an attachment for a flashlight on the other side. What I did not find out when I bought the TDI mount was that you had to drill through your gun to mount it. Regardless of what is being said on the other forum, this will not void the warranty on your gun, just the warranty on the actual part you modify or any failures that could be shown as a result of your modification. This is basic warranty law in America. I experienced this long ago at my Acura dealer. They could not void the warranty on my transmission because I had modified the intake on my car and added a KN filter. Now had I modified the intake and made a claim because Dirt got in and scored the cylinders, they might have a case not to warranty that. I'm not sure why this info would be objectionable to the moderator on the other forum, but he saw fit for the upteenth time to delete this exact information from my post.

Please let me know if you want to see pics and I will try and figure out how to post them.

·
Registered
15,562 Posts
I appreciate the info. I have seen the TDI attachment online. And, I met someone Sat who had one, but he was putting off drilling the gun.

I thought about attaching the sling to the received - I was just a bit hesitant to do it on the main side rail that close to the sight. I suppose that the TDI attachment would work a lot better - since its further forward.

Originally, I thought I would buy the Stargate sling, but now I see its not very practical. I have pretty much everything ordered except a sling. Haven't decided how I want to do it. I may have to break down and do teh TDI thing. I'd have to bring it to a local smith to install it for me. I'd probably needa take off my laser and Eotech so vibration from the drill dowsn't affect them.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
27 Posts
TDI

If you are little squeemish about drilling on your gun I would recommend taking it to a gunsmith. The TDI part would not fit in the recess when I got it and I had to file it quite a bit to make it fit down in the little square holes on either side. It is aluminum and I plan on Rogaurding the whole gun after I do the SBR so I will have it refinished at that time.

·
Registered
15,562 Posts
So, U filed the part or the gun? Wasn't quite sure on that...

I think I'm just gonna get the CMMG sling when I have some extra cash. I called them today and asked a couple of questions about it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Of course not. Why would the ATFE need to evaluate it? It isn't real.

I just got bounced from the other fourm too.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I too got banned. I am thinking a rule for new members must be that they get bounced from the "other" forum, we can be called "The Banned of Brothers".......just kinding about the rule and yes, the name. It is not worth putting yourself through that moderators small minded gastapo world. Can you belive he is supposedly an LEO? giving a bad name to all of us.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think that is a great idea. Users will sure appreciate this site more once they have been around the other one a while.

·
Registered
15,562 Posts
Back to the shroud topic - I thought about getting one. But, won't for two reasons - One, I am a bit of a fanatic about the finishes on my gun. Except for my 1 carry gun, I generally don't holster anything else. I'm always teased about my "museum pieces"

Anyway - I saw one person mention that the fake suppressor does scratch the barrel underneath, a little bit.

Second reason - There was an argument over this on the Five-seven forum, but I'm still not changing my position..... Its true, that the PS90 already has the "black, evil rifle" label with its appearance. So, I'm not sure if appearances could be made any worse by adding the fake suppressor. But, I for one, wouldn't wanna be sitting in court with my PS90 sitting on the evidence table - with all the stuff I have strapped to mine AND a fake suppressor. Righteous shoots still have a way on turning on people sometimes. And, perceptions do make a difference.

The guys arguing w/ me on this issue don't spend as much time in court as I do (I work as a probation officer). I've seen a lot of stuff everyday. I still think it could make a slight difference - that little extra "oomf" in the jury's mind.

Granted, I doubt I'd ever grab the PS90 for self defense unless I had to - I'd grab a pistol instead... Mainly for the "perception of the gun" making a potential difference in a court (U could also be sued) - U could have the appearance of a "gun nut.

If I added that or short barrelled mine, then it would become ONLY a range toy...

Feel free to disagree w/ me if U want. I will admit that I sometimes roll my eyes are the guys who are paranoid about what hollow point to carry or doing trigger jobs on a gun and having these issues make a difference in court. I am guilty of that.

But, something w/ appearances CAN make a difference. And, even if U are not proscuted - the criminal's family could still sue U - Appearances there DO play an even bigger factor... (the burden of proof is lower in a civil case)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Tree,

Is your friend still making the barrel shroud mentioned below? I am interested and would like to see a pic.
Thanks,
Wil

Tree said:
A friend of mine just built a barrel shroud for his PS90. It is ported with small holes at the end to allow the muzzle blast from the flash hider to vent. It is made of aluminum so it doesn't ad much weight. The gun functions just fine with it in place.
He is thinking about building and selling the for around $150. if there is any interest. I tried to post pics of it from my photobucket account but I couldn't get it to work. If you would like to see pics you can contact Mike at [email protected] and he will email them to you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts