FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received an email survey from FN regarding the pricing of the NEW M249S (semi version of the M249 Squad Automatic Weapon). The survey asked basic demographic questions and specific questions about pricing of the M249S. I took some screen grabs of the questionaire...

249Survey1.png

249Survey2.png

249Survey3.png

249Survey4.png

249Survey5.png

I can only surmise that FN is finished developing the M249S and is preparing to release it to the civilian public in time for Christmas. My fingers are crossed!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After I completed the questionaire, FN sent me a discount code for 10% off merchandise at the FN online store.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I completed the survey as well.

honestly I would not be willing to spend more than 500 over what I paid for my Scar17 for a belt fed Semi-Auto.

The question that really didn't make any since because they didn't put any qualifiers to it was (as close as I can remember it phrased) "how much more would a FULL Auto cost than the Semi Auto" ...Immediately my brain was going , Retail?, Contract? To Produce? lol I went with cost to produce :)

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
I just finished up the survey myself. I submitted that I wouldn't touch it if it was more than 4K. I submitted that I 3,500 would be what I called fair.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I told them a deal would be $1500 but I would pay $2000. They have gotten most of their money back for the R&D thru military contracts. I wouldn't think they need to make a fortune off of civilians for a large semi-auto clone. Especially when other full auto weapons sell close to the same price as the semi-auto weapons when being sold to LE.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I got the survey too. I priced it around a Scar 17S as well. Maybe a little more if it was a full auto. But honestly, I don't see the value or need for a belt fed semi-auto rifle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also put $3000 as a fair price. Looks like from above that a lot of people thought the same. Maybe they'll pay attention to the actual results of the survey! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'd love to have one, but, like others here, $4000 would be my absolute limit. I think $3000-3500 would be a reasonable price.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I cant find myself getting excited over this....why are they even focusing on this when we have been waiting even longer for a mk 20?

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
I cant find myself getting excited over this....why are they even focusing on this when we have been waiting even longer for a mk 20?
Thats a good question. Marketing has to be telling them that it will sell better than the Mk20. That's the only thing I can think of.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts