FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,525 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Looks good. How do you like the Vltor stock? I've put it in my cart a couple times but can't make up my mind.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love the stock, however, two things I do not like about the stock! Too expensive for what is does and the half moon retaining clip was a pain to reinstall. If you do not reinstall that retaining clip, you will have too much wiggle/rattle in the stock.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks that fore end looks disgusting? please don't take offense good sir, not trying to hate but... god damn

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
image.jpg image.jpg Modifications from barrel to stock:

Battle Comp BABCB Muzzle break.

Fenix PD 35 with red filter.

Impact Weapon Components extended light mount with 1.030 ring.

VLTOR CASV 3"extended modular rail.

VLTOR CASV modular rail.

Samson evolution hand stop.

Samson evolution vertical forend grip stubby.

GG&G enhanced charging handle.

Molon Labe Industries 20rd magazine.

Larue Tactical LT100 ACOG scope mount.

Trijicon ACOG TA648 6x48 horse shoe red reticle.

Aim Point micro 2MOA red dot.

Geissele Super Scar trigger.

Tactical Empire Arms dual safety selectors, left side is size large, the right side is size medium.

ERGO sure grip Gen 2 for FN SCAR.

VLTOR CASV stock.

Troy Industries 2 point battle sling added convertible QD sling adaptor.

·
Banned
617 Posts
Catdog, have you considered a 45 degree offset mount for your T-1? I'd highly recommend one unless you have a giraffe neck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kalmar, the weapon configuration you see works best for me. When I lift my head off the scope, I can easily identify the red dot and subject within the sight picture.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Nice hog! Congrats and welcome!

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Nice kill. Did the extension come with the rail or did you have to pay for that separately? How much does the whole thing weight? Did you have to remove the stock bottom rail?

·
Registered
604 Posts
That's a big effin' pig, brother. Good work!

·
Registered
876 Posts
Never heard of a Javelina until today. I thought I knew all the animals in North American. I guess there is always something to learn.

·
Banned
617 Posts
When I lift my head off the scope
But therein lies the problem as I see it. You effectively have little more than a chin-weld at that point. Your offset at close range (presumably where utilizing the 1x) is also going to be ridiculous with that height over bore. I understand the setup works for you, I'm merely suggesting it could work better.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Like Uncle Ted says, "Kill it, then grill it!"

·
Registered
687 Posts
But therein lies the problem as I see it. You effectively have little more than a chin-weld at that point. Your offset at close range (presumably where utilizing the 1x) is also going to be ridiculous with that height over bore. I understand the setup works for you, I'm merely suggesting it could work better.
This is something I've been struggling with on one of my AR-15s. I have an RMR mounted on top of the ACOG and I just can't get comfortable with it. Not wild about a 45 degree offset, either, but I think I'll give it another go. Do you find mounting the red dot and 45 degree mount closer to the back of the rifle or farther forward works better? Maybe just up front of the scope?

OP: Great kill and great looking rifle! How do you like the BABC relative to the stock PWS brake?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts