FN Herstal Firearms banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone have some suggestions as to how to determine how many SCAR 16s and SCAR 17s FNH has been selling into the US commercial market? How many have been delivered to US police agencies? I was hoping maybe some of you have seen numbers like these in magazine articles or something like that somewhere. Obviously FNH isn't going to publicize this sort of information.

Thanks.

·
Banned
596 Posts
Would anyone have some suggestions as to how to determine how many SCAR 16s and SCAR 17s FNH has been selling into the US commercial market? How many have been delivered to US police agencies? I was hoping maybe some of you have seen numbers like these in magazine articles or something like that somewhere. Obviously FNH isn't going to publicize this sort of information.

Thanks.
Last count I believe I own right around 7,000 of the commercial U. S. SCAR's...:th_happy-rotfl4:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the suggestions. I would not trust serial numbers. You have no idea where they started and they might include military versions, for which the upper receivers are probably the same as the commercial versions.

I'm surprised there are no published figures anywhere.

·
Registered
669 Posts
They started at 10,000 serials
Military are marked different
Why don't you ask FN if it's important and you don't like the suggestions ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Why don't you ask FN if it's important ?
Because FN are unlikely to provide the information even if I could track down the right person to speak to on this continent or in Europe; and this is a forum full of people who know lots and lots about FN and their products and seemed to be an obvious place to ask.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Another obvious question is why you are asking? You are asking us. I'm asking you, since this is a strange first post.

What data have you gathered about other manufacturers market share? Or are you only concerned with FN? You ask specifically about SCARs.
Share of exactly what market, firearms in general, rifles, semi auto rifles, military style semi auto's, FDE rifles?

It's an interesting topic and we could probably be more helpful if we understood the context of the question better. Otherwise it kind of seems like a strange kind of trolling.
Just curious.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.