FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Recently, FN Herstal updated SCAR-L, H and GL40 to Mk2.

Change Point :

Magwell design
Sling mount
A2 Grip without bump
Bolt carrier
Gas system.
Iron sight
Angled Non reciprocating charging handle.

Carbines & Rifles | FN HERSTAL

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FN America updated SCAR 16,17,20s

Change Point :

Multi Caliber markings
Magwell design
Bolt carrier
gas system
Angled Non reciprocating ambi charging handle.

SCAR | FN®

FN USA Upgrades SCAR with NRCH (Non-Reciprocating Charging Handles)

·
Premium Member
8,974 Posts
Not likely the SCAR Mk 2's will ever make it to the US, too bad really I can see the BCG is the non-recip version.

·
Premium Member
9,839 Posts
They updated the website also:

Off in the distance, my bank account screamed.

·
Premium Member
8,974 Posts
FN America is not calling the upgraded SCAR the Mk2 instead NRCH for non-recip charging handle. The verbiage also says it is now completely ambidextrous which it clear is not, there's no visible bolt stop/release. I'm all for a non-recip SCAR and will have to have one or the parts if ever available and backwards compatible with my Belgians.

·
Premium Member
8,974 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,974 Posts
Fn America just made a post on Instagram showing the new versions and the updates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, the news is spreading rapidly through the interwebs. I'd like to know how FN is accomplishing a non-recip charging sled that retains forward assist functionality. HDD has a non-recip bcg for the 17/20 which is well thought out but no foward assist function. Hopefully someone will obtain one and dissect it for us.

Reactions: psychobabble

·
Premium Member
8,974 Posts
Another thing I find interesting are the photos of the 16s NRCH on FN America's website. If you scroll through the photos you'll notice it says "multi-caliber" which begs the question is FN America finally going to release to the general population their 300BLK conversion?

·
Premium Member
8,974 Posts
I called their Customer service, in Q1 of 2022, they will have this as an accessory kit for the older Scars.
You are an excellent human being for reporting this. The SCAR Collective thanks you!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm guessing the upgrade is going to be much more expensive than that. It sounds like the updated models also have a different bolt carrier group that's lighter to reduce felt recoil (and probably reduce the abuse on optics). Just a bolt carrier for a Scar 16/17 is almost $400, I'd bet the $1k price is not far off. Perhaps one will be able to do just the non-reciprocating handle and not the bolt carrier, but I'd guess one needs the other.

·
Premium Member
8,974 Posts
I'm guessing the upgrade is going to be much more expensive than that. It sounds like the updated models also have a different bolt carrier group that's lighter to reduce felt recoil (and probably reduce the abuse on optics). Just a bolt carrier for a Scar 16/17 is almost $400, I'd bet the $1k price is not far off. Perhaps one will be able to do just the non-reciprocating handle and not the bolt carrier, but I'd guess one needs the other.
This is essentially how it works therefore a new BCG is required...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts