FN Herstal Firearms banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
FN America is not calling the upgraded SCAR the Mk2 instead NRCH for non-recip charging handle. The verbiage also says it is now completely ambidextrous which it clear is not, there's no visible bolt stop/release. I'm all for a non-recip SCAR and will have to have one or the parts if ever available and backwards compatible with my Belgians.
You are correct! I'm a lefty and I would've probably bought this new version but I noticed it as well. I'll stay with my OG Belgian SCAR's.

·
Premium Member
8,951 Posts
Reactions: Ex-Racer / Ex-Pat

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
Uh wow, I didn't even think of asking that.....(I am not being sarcastic, I can't believe I forgot to ask).

I will guess, the MSRP on the Scar 20s is up by $300, so maybe that?
Considering the Bolt Carrier for the existing SCARS is $349 I imagine an upgrade could be even higher. I don't know if I could justify that price, especially if the bolt needed replacing as well. Would like to have the gas regulator upgrade though.

·
Premium Member
8,951 Posts
So no forward assist type function, or am I missing it? Not that that's good or bad, just didn't see it mentioned.
Yes Forward Assist functionality is maintained.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Maybe one of the forum vendors can set up a group buy. I would be down for 4 of them(if this works in 16 as well). I don’t want to buy new scar and don’t want to get rid of my Belgium ones for new models either.

side note good to see a company listen to its buyers and improving their platform. They didn’t need to we would have bought them anyways

·
Premium Member
9,834 Posts
I notice in the new manuals that they actually call the 10 o'clock gas setting "suppressed".

From the NRCH manual: 10 o’clock setting - Suppressed operation. Does not guarantee safe and reliable operation with all suppressors

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
Here is the diagram of the sled and bolt carrier from the online manuals for anyone curious. I have a rough idea of how forward assist functionality is retained.
Looking at the diagram makes we wonder if they had to redesign the receiver for the charging sled.

·
Premium Member
8,951 Posts
Looking at the diagram makes we wonder if they had to redesign the receiver for the charging sled.
I read somewhere that the 20s was designed to accept the NRCH. Of course this begs the question, how will the upgrade kit work?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone else notice on the MK2 version the grip doesn’t have the A2 bump on it while the FN American model does? Maybe it’s an old change I just haven’t looked at that many Belgium scars. All these updates would have been nice some years ago, but for the price and the trouble in finding scar parts in the first place I’m gonna stick with the fixed handle for a while until some good reliable reviews come out with this new design.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looking to buy a black 16s NRCH as soon as someone has one in stock. If you see one that you aren’t gonna buy, please forward me info!

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I notice in the new manuals that they actually call the 10 o'clock gas setting "suppressed".

From the NRCH manual: 10 o’clock setting - Suppressed operation. Does not guarantee safe and reliable operation with all suppressors
Same statement that should have been in the 20S/17S/16S manuals for years. Glad to see they finally did it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am looking at getting one of these. I seen one on GB. Is the price decent at about 3200$? I want a scar pretty bad. I have an sig MCX, Colt Piston, Sig 516, Beretta ARX100, Tavor X95 and a ton of AR’s. I not asking if it better then per se but I guess looking for validation. Price is pretty damn steep but I got a scar 16 bug. Please give me some insight. Thanks

21 - 40 of 41 Posts