FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
I know what your up too over there bud and for the record I support it. I have often thought about going down that road but have resisted. Once, you have all of the components it will be AWESOME!

It would go so awesomely with my mod 0 barrel! If I found one, I could truly live up to my screen name

Regards,
BigBuckeyeGuy!

·
Registered
757 Posts
The FN guys come to the range/ store local to me often(class iii) I be been tempted to strike up a conversation with them and ask this very question. Ill probably get the balls next time I see them. They'll probably just think I'm a SCAR fanboy/ weenie... And they'd be right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The FN guys come to the range/ store local to me often(class iii) I be been tempted to strike up a conversation with them and ask this very question. Ill probably get the balls next time I see them. They'll probably just think I'm a SCAR fanboy/ weenie... And they'd be right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
please do!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
My heart has been set on the SCAR H-SD since I realized that was the suppressor to go with the miter mount. However, it's $2000 bucks, fairly rare, heavier and longer than competing units for twice the money. I still want it but hell I also want Keira Knightly and I don think either will happen. ;)

·
Registered
25,418 Posts
The FN ECP (issued) suppressor will never be available on the civilian market, as each one of those units is U.S. Gov't. property and USSOCOM is not doing any form 3's anytime in the foreseeable future.

If and when FN USA decides to market the ECP suppressors to the civilian market is the only realistic way that piece of kit will ever be available to mere mortals.

-SS

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The FN ECP (issued) suppressor will never be available on the civilian market, as each one of those units is U.S. Gov't. property and USSOCOM is not doing any form 3's anytime in the foreseeable future.

If and when FN USA decides to market the ECP suppressors to the civilian market is the only realistic way that piece of kit will ever be available to mere mortals.

-SS
Thanks for killing all our dreams :)

·
Registered
25,418 Posts
OH, my pleasure! :-D

Now to be a real stick in the mud...

SOCOM is running the Surefire so the absolute FN purist would seek the SF SOCOM-762-RC-DE and kit his SCAR 17 with that muffler.

The ECP was a stop gap measure put in place for reasons I am not at liberty to disclose at this time.

-SS

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

SOCOM is running the Surefire so the absolute FN purist would seek the SF SOCOM-762-RC-DE and kit his SCAR 17 with that muffler.

The ECP was a stop gap measure put in place for reasons I am not at liberty to disclose at this time.

-SS
What is a stop gap measure?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts

-SS
What's the DE represent?

http://www.surefire.com/socom762-rc.html

·
Registered
39 Posts
It is against Federal law for non-Military/non-LE to own/purchase IR lasers (i.e. PEQ15).....
Don't buy one or DHS will take it from you.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts