FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about buying an SLP. However, several of the dealers CDNN have been saying these guns are now banned from importation. Is this true?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Uninformed internet rumor.

No.

It's not ture.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I also spoke to FN about the rumor of MK1 'banned' - what I was told happened was a few MKI made it in country intact with 8-round tube. Now being imported with 5-round tube, retro-fitted with factory 8-round tube in US before being sent to distributors.

Internet rumor / half-truths / unscrupulous marketing by Sales clerks at the gun stores. I heard the same thing from Cheaper Than Dirt, and called FN for the 'Word'.

Best regards,

John

·
Registered
14 Posts
Question about importation

If I interpret 'Rat-30's comments correctly, the reason the whole "SLP banned" issue came about is because some SLP Mk 1s made it into the USA with the factory 8-round magazine installed, which somehow made them not kosher. Now, they are being imported with a 5-round factory magazine, which somehow makes them kosher for import. Then, after they are received by FNH-USA, the 5-round magazine is removed and replaced with the 8-round magazine, which puts them back to the original factory configuration that was not kosher in the first place. Except now it's OK because the magazine conversion took place at a US factory.

Do I have this right?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Re: Question about importation

sfmittels said:
If I interpret 'Rat-30's comments correctly, the reason the whole "SLP banned" issue came about is because some SLP Mk 1s made it into the USA with the factory 8-round magazine installed, which somehow made them not kosher. Now, they are being imported with a 5-round factory magazine, which somehow makes them kosher for import. Then, after they are received by FNH-USA, the 5-round magazine is removed and replaced with the 8-round magazine, which puts them back to the original factory configuration that was not kosher in the first place. Except now it's OK because the magazine conversion took place at a US factory.

Do I have this right?
Yes, as I understand this specific situation.

As imported with 8-round tube the shotgun fails *import* restrictions unaffected by now-sunset AWB.

Once imported, mag-tube can be returned to factory-spec.

Hope that helps.

John

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes, it does. Thank you. Of course, it doesn't make any sense, but that's neither your fault nor my fault. What a convoluted set of laws we live with.

Now I wonder if my SLP Mk 1 is a factory-originated 8-shot, or if it's a factory-converted 8-shot. One of which was not configured correctly for importation and therefore shouldn't have been imported, the other of which was converted after importation and therefore was OK to import.

I think I'll go talk to the goldfish now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re: Question about importation

Do I have this right?
Yes, you have it exactly right.. as per the FN rep I discussed this with last year. The FN SLP as sold in the states with 8 round mag is indeed banned if it's a complete gun imported in this form. The mag extensions are made in the USA now. Regardless if McInsane or Obamanation get in next year (only a miracle can save us now) all these goodies are going to be banned, so get 'em, now

·
Registered
47 Posts
Boys, stocking up is a good idea, as I have been doing it for some time now. But realistically the one to worry about is that muslim rat Obama and the rest of his leftist cronies. Remeber that McCain is a Vietnam POW/Vet and will not sell out this country(I hope)If the **** hits the fan then matters will have to taken into the hands of the armed militia of the USA as history always has a bad habit of repeating itself...oorah :-x

·
Registered
12 Posts
usmcss77 said:
Boys, stocking up is a good idea, as I have been doing it for some time now. But realistically the one to worry about is that muslim rat Obama and the rest of his leftist cronies. Remeber that McCain is a Vietnam POW/Vet and will not sell out this country(I hope)If the **** hits the fan then matters will have to taken into the hands of the armed militia of the USA as history always has a bad habit of repeating itself...oorah :-x
You're wrong about McInsane.. he is a gun banner and has signed off on semi auto bans in the past. I've been a 2nd activist for over 20 years, watched what he has done and I tell you he's a rat., not to mention what Gun Owners of America has to say about him, they give him an F-.. you really can't get a worse rating from GOA :
http://www.gunowners.org/mccaintb.htm

·
Registered
47 Posts
I know what you're saying..I've been actively fighting these bastards for over 30 yrs. but who do you vote for?? The political/voting system is so fubar that the only parties to ever get the time of day is the republicans and the jackasses. The libertarian party has no chance in hell because the people of this country are being indoctrinated by the same ones that are placed in office, with the help of the leftist media which does nothing but lie to us 24/7!! None of the politicians in either of the two parties has the balls to stand their ground, but some of them sometimes, give up an inch to buy time to maybe fix the clusterf**k. Sure, I know that compromise is not an option but that is the way they do things and I'll repeat myself: Until the people of this nation stand up to the BS being forced down our throats, there will be no change for the better. When the **** hits the fan then we will take matters into our hands. As I was sworn when I enlisted that I would defend this country from all enemies, foreign and domestic... :grin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.