FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to pick up an oversized tactical bolt/charging handle for the FN SLP. I have looked around but haven't found anything that specifically says it is for the FN.

Well I did find this one:
http://www.cpwsa.com/nordic_components.htm

But I am not sure that it is any better than the factory one.

I was looking for something like this: (made by GG&G)

And what about a larger bolt release button? I see those made for other shotguns.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have read some postings from 3gun competitors on how they modified their SLP. The best post I have seen is below,

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=74493&hl=fn+slp

Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo! > 3-Gun Forums > 3-Gun/IPSC Shotgun - Technical Discussions
"Another new FN SLP Mk1"

There are some good pictures of a modified bolt handle and enlarged bolt release button. I believe they are Nordic components and were installed by Sam Hatfield (www.hatfieldsgunsmithing.com).

Good luck.

Regards,
Shacke

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool thanks. Looks like they are using the Nordic components. That charging handle looks pretty good actually.

The only issue with the bolt release button is you have to drill and tap the factory one. I don't think I want to do that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jnewell said:
Brownells and Briley list an oversized charging handle for the FN (and Browning Gold - should be the same thing - not sure I've ever seen a "tactical" Browning Gold...)
Weird I never saw that. I find Brownells very difficult to navigate. Depending on how you search, you find completely different items.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oversized Charging handle / bolt release

I currently run a 22" SLP in 3G competitions and an 18" SLP for my home defense gun.

On both shotguns I use the Nordic Components oversized charging handle. Huge difference is all I can say. You cannot miss with that big old handle. Besides Nordic Components is ahuge sponsor of 3G matches.

I also put an oversized bolt release button on it. It is made of plastic and just sticks on the gun. No need to drill the current button on your shotgun.

You can buy them from Benny Hill at Triangle Shooting Sports. I think they are 10 or 15 bucks

Jayson

·
Registered
58 Posts
old skool said:
jnewell said:
Brownells and Briley list an oversized charging handle for the FN (and Browning Gold - should be the same thing - not sure I've ever seen a "tactical" Browning Gold...)
Weird I never saw that. I find Brownells very difficult to navigate. Depending on how you search, you find completely different items.
Amen to that. Love the company, but the website is a pain. I saw it ony because it was in the new products supplement that I was reading one day while seated doing other things.

If you have trouble finding it, I can post the catalog # here. I have it on my list to order but haven't put in an order recently.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've got the Nordic bolt handle (and magazine follower) on the SLP that I use at work. The bolt handle is not so sharp that it slices your fingers. Like every other Nordic component I've ever looked at, it is a well-made part.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Late to the party, but I have the Nordic as well and it is worlds better than stock. No sharp edges, just gobs and gobs of real estate to grab onto.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi guys,

I just put the Nordic part on my SLP. It feels great, but I do have one concern. It seems to give a little and I have this fear of it coming loose. Is that normal, or should I consider returning it for another one?

Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the nordic bolt handle and the oversized bolt release and am happy with both. The bolt handle fits perfectly but I had to have the release custom installed.

Cheers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
jwinch2 said:
I have the nordic bolt handle and the oversized bolt release and am happy with both. The bolt handle fits perfectly but I had to have the release custom installed.

Cheers.

Whose oversized bolt release did you install?
I only see Benelli releases on the Nordic website.
I'm ok with drilling and tapping a competition gun.
Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
ParaLarry said:
jwinch2 said:

Cheers.

Whose oversized bolt release did you install?
I only see Benelli releases on the Nordic website.
I'm ok with drilling and tapping a competition gun.
Thanks
I used the Benelli release which is shown on that website. My Gunsmith drilled it out. Its much easier to access now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nordic is not working well

I just picked up my SLP and the Nordic charging handle is not quite fitting with my gun. The stock handle requires quite a bit of force to remove it while the Nordic will almost fall out unassisted if I turn the gun to the right. Not sure if I just got an out of spec part or what the case may be. Has anyone else has had this problem?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts