FN Herstal Firearms banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FN SLP Mark I. I assume you know what it is since it's the FN forum but if you don't- this is their Self Loading Police (SLP) model, Mk1. 22” semi automatic shotgun, 12 gauge, shoots 2 ¾” or 3” magnum shells. 8+1 with 2 ¾” or 6+1 with magnums. Mostly for home defense or shooting 3 gun matches but it’s certainly capable of doing any type of hunting with the right choke installed (about $20 each). Gas operated, this is the older model (it’s maybe 4 years old) that came with two different pistons, one red for lighter loads, and one black for heavier loads. The new version only has one piston and sounds like it has some issues with lighter loads. I have only shot a few boxes of ammo thru mine (with the red/lighter piston) and it ran thru everything I put in it. Mainly wanted to confirm that it would shoot the “cheaper” walmart bulk pack shells with the lighter piston (that seems to be the issue with the new single piston gun, it doesn’t like light loads). Uses standard Invector screw in choke tubes. Improved Cylinder is installed from the factory.

It comes in a very nice hard case, both pistons, choke tube removal tool, and manual. It has probably had 50-100 rounds down range and is like new. Red fiber optic front sight and a cantilevered weaver rail attached to the barrel that extends over the receiver. It is one of the fastest cycling shotguns on the market (you can shoot all 8 rounds in less than a second if you can hold on to it). Shotgun of the year in 2009 by NRA, etc. etc. Other barrels available from FN if you want to hunt birds a long way away or a rifled slug barrel. Retail is $1300, cheapest I have found them is $1050 online. Asking $950 shipped to your FFL or can meet FTF in the ATL area.

FNH USA - Distinct Advantage :: FN SLP? MK I

(link there to accessories, barrels, choke tubes, etc).

pics are crappy but the gun is flawless. I can get better quality images if you need them but the gun is basically in new condition... the photos make it look like there's blemishes on the receiver but it's clear and clean.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.