FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting one of these but am wondering if you guys think its worth it to spend the extra money on it rather than an A1. I found a guy selling his for 1500 which is way low, i think, and he claims that there is about 400 rounds through it. Does this seem about right? Im also not a fan of the floorplate magazine, is there a conversion kit for it? Any info at all would be great.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, no $1500 for the A3G sorry for the mix up.

edit: I should also mention that it is threaded for a suppressor and has a custom camo paint job on it. What he has offered me is the rifle, scope base and bi-pod.

·
Registered
475 Posts
1500 seems way low for used, i would be skeptical and i'd say shoot it before you buy to make sure nothing is wrong. if you like it after you try it out then you're getting a good deal, if there is only 400 rounds out of it

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
Scar16man said:
Not really check this out!!!!
The last post in this thread was almost two years ago.

Ya think prices may have changed a little?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Scar16man said:
Yea, I bought this one... finally got to shoot it 3 weeks ago and a disappointment it was. I didn't get any group anywhere close to 0.5MOA not even 1MOA. In fact it shot same group shape like the test target. 3 rounds in about .5" and 2 others opened up to 1" or more at 100 yards.

Just to keep my sanity, I shot my McGowen barreled Savage/Steven action in 260Rem and got .4 to .6MOA groups. I've swapped the A3G's 4.5lb trigger with my Win70 Stealth 2's 1.5lb trigger. I'll shoot it again with Fed GM once more before I send it back.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yep. Sounds like a bad gun to me. Probably not worth a whole lot of money. I guess I can take it off your hands if you need.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Please keep us updated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts