FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post, I can't believe it took me this long to find this forum. Thanks to ShipWreck, who was monitoring my question on another forum, for directing me to the promised land. I purchased an FN PBR XP a few months ago as an all-weather hunting rifle and it has performed great shooting .6 MOA out of the box with off the shelf ammo.

Enough about rifles...

This week I purchased an FN TPS Tactical shotgun NIB on gunbroker. Got a great deal from someone who needed to sell for $550.00 (+ shipping and FFL transfer = $615). This shotgun will be primarily for home defense. Mine is the model with the fixed ITC (Internal Tactical Choke) optomized for slugs and buck shot. I am waiting on delivery. After I made the purchase, a buddy of mine said I should have gone with the FN model that comes with the screw-in chokes (MOD & IC) so I could also use it as a back up hunting shotgun. He said I could get another choke if needed a full choke.

Does anyone know if there are any reasons why the TPS would not be a good shotgun to use as a second gun for hunting?

Also, can you buy aftermarket chokes that will fit?

Thanks,

jtom :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i just heard back from FN customer service on the choke question. they replied, "the FN TPS uses standard invector chokes".

·
Registered
45 Posts
How do you like the shotgun?

I am thinking about adding an FN shotgun to keep my Wilson Combat company in the gun safe. Have you had a chance to try out the TPS? I am having a hard time deciding which FN to add, the SLP or the TPS.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not yet - it is scheduled to arrive early next week. I still have not decided whether or not to keep it or trade it for the model with the invector chokes - now that I know it is essentially the same barrel and action as the Winchester 1300 turkey gun. I'll keep you posted.

Jim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Awsome i just got my TPS wih interchangeable choke lat fri, and i was wondering if the chokes could be changed. this is my first tactical and i love it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts