FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O brother...where do I start with FN's Warranty...

My SCAR had some wear abnormality that I want FN to address...so I called them...

Ring..ring...ring...ring....FN marketing voice comes on....ring ring...ring....hello this is _ with FN ... how may I help you. I stated my reason for the call and they asked me to provide pictures...which I happily provided. The FN rep kindly asked me to fill out a case # so that they can start my service tag...they emailed me directions how to do so...actually I am quite happy they have done this where you can track and have record of your service tags...like Steiner.

Anyways, got the case created and called back later in the afternoon that I have submitted it...the rep remembered talking to me and placed me on a brief hold to process a pre-paid FedEx label...the rep asked if I could confirm that I've received the label to my email because they are about to close up for the day but didn't want to leave me hanging...so she waited on the phone with me until I confirmed...took my SCAR to FedEx and it went bye-bye...

Now, I do not know what shenanigans FN has pulled with CS before...but my one and only transaction with FN's service center has been awesome.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I'll bet one cartridge on it coming through, which is like $5 these days. Just for sport though

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll keep this updated but so far...it has been a good experience.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I've had nothing but good experiences with FN Warranty. I call and give a very descriptive information on what has happened and why if I have that knowledge. I slipped a piece of paper in the box along with the rifle (in my case an FS2000) specifically describing my issues and troubleshooting/ruling out any possible fixes. FN gave me a brand new barrel assembly, moving parts assembly and stock assembly. The only thing the kept was my old butt pad and trigger pack. My new stock doesn't have the serial number on it but my barreled assembly does and I guess that's perfectly legal.

In the second case, I had an issue with my Five-Seven lever sheared off that disconnects the slide from the frame. They asked no questions and shipped me out the new part and I got it in about a week.

I find that being kind and courteous is key to being taken care of.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^ Bingo about being kind and courteous...I do think sometimes people think they are high and mighty during a service/repair requests...

·
Registered
66 Posts
When I called about my issues with Scar 20s, the customer services reps were professional and wanted to resolve my issue. It was surprising to me, for I have read the horror stories. They really are putting in the effort to not be known like H&K service lol.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
^^^ Bingo about being kind and courteous...I do think sometimes people think they are high and mighty during a service/repair requests...
I opened a SR with them to get my FNS9C the recall sear or whatever. I've yet to be issued a call tag for it. Guess I gotta call em :\

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just called them with my issue...created the ticket as instructed...called them back to provide the ticket #...the rep sent FedEx call tag to my email...I think if you are relying on the automated system...it might take some days to process...hence why I always follow up with a phone call (did this with POF and Leupold as well)...a personal call always makes things easier and with more priority regardless of the brand you are dealing with.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Great to hear that your service issue is going well so far. At least it started off on the right foot! :) I certainly agree that when you call in and actually talk with someone that things seem to go better / smoother and faster versus when you just do it online / via email. I do look forward to reading how it ends up. Please keep us updated!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts