FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fnx 9 mm I posted about jamming the other day seems to be loosening up. I put around 100 more PMC 115 grain through it yesterday still had Some ftf And FTE , but at the end it ran better. I put a mag of 124 grain federal Hydra shock through with no problems, I'm digging these guns the 45 fnx is perfect no problems through 200 rounds. I ordered the fnx 40 today in black and stainless. I think my glockaphobia Is over . My gun shop is getting some 124 and 147 grain 9mm in so I'll continue the 9mm break in with those.

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
Glad to hear you're digging the FNX line-up and congrats on the incoming 40. You can also aid that spring break in by repeatedly racking the slide while watching TV or whatever.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've left the slide locked back, and been racking the slide to loosen the spring. Once the spring is broken in will it shoot the weaker ammo better, the 124 and up becomes expensive after a while to just plink around.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Get into reloading. You'll pay off your equipment pretty quick, at least if you shoot a lot.

Congrats on the new 40! And FN is a nice antidote to glockaholism :-D

Reactions: Kev

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yes, it should run the 115 just fine after a couple hundred rounds, give or take a box. I seem to remember the only FTE's I had were a result of the shooter limp wrisitng. Not saying you are because the springs are very stiff, but with the nine pay attention to how tight your bottom two fingers are gripping. I broke my pistol in on 115gr factory loads.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Leaving the slide locked back doesnt help much. Racking...a little. Rapid flexing of the spring, ie, shooting is the way to go.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I worked the 9mm a little yesterday and today. Yesterday I tried 50 of the pmc 115 grain and it was ftf every round i'm out of them thankfully . I then put 15 124 grain federal Hydra Shok through with no problems. Today I used 147 grain umc had about 4 ftf out of 100 or so rounds and that was with the first 2 mags the last 80 or so rounds were problem free, the gun is loosening up. I have now put 500 through my FNX 45 with only one FTE and that was my mother shooting it and limp wristed it bad, I won't blame that on the gun she is 70 years old and weighs about 100 pounds. The 45 has been shot with PMC and UMC 230 grain and a handful of hornady xtp. The 40 should be here next week,Ill make sure I start it out with 180 grain ammo.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I am not surprised as my fiancée had issues using 115 gr PMC FMJ in her SIG PRO 9mm during break-in so I had to give her my 124gr FMJ AE so she would stop complaining. I was using the 124gr FMJ AE in my FNX-9 but she was surprised at the difference in recoil. I tested the PMC 115gr FMJ in her pistol and found out she was limp-wristing as I had no issues using the PMC 115gr FMJ.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts