FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide which to get the DMR or the Tactical version i already own a Tavor 5.56 with a 16" barrel and i own a SCAR 17 if i want to reach out with some authority should i go with the Tactical with the 16" barrel or the DMR with the 18" barrel ?

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
The DMR has the Timney trigger, and I'm sure probably some other goodies that justifies the $400 price tag too.

Me personally, I'd go with the Tactical because I don't care for Timney triggers anyway.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was wondering if getting the 18 inch with the rifle length gas system would be much of a difference compared to the 16 inch with the mid-length gas system

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
I was wondering if getting the 18 inch with the rifle length gas system would be much of a difference compared to the 16 inch with the mid-length gas system
Different in what way, I run all three gas system lengths and between mid or rifle you don't see anything much in recoil, reliability, or accuracy. I like 18" setups but a good 16" will do everything a 18" can do unless your shooting at the limit of 5.56mm then the small extra velocity might pay off but that is beyond what most people will ever use it for.

·
Premium Member
8,113 Posts
+1 for the Tactical! :?

Reactions: georgemcw316

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't own an AR yet so i just want to buy one good one and be done i already have a Tavor a SCAR 17 and an AK47 and a 74 on the way just was trying to make up my mind I'm a huge fan of FN i own several of their handguns so thats why i was trying to decide between those two rifles

·
Premium Member
8,113 Posts
Screw the FN AR, buy a Ballista and be the envy of all your neighbors and most forum members. Simply owning a Ballista, whitens teeth, makes lost hair grow back, improves hearing and eyesight as well as completely eliminates the need to use deodorant. All the aforementioned is the absolute internet truth. :lol:

I don't own an AR yet so i just want to buy one good one and be done i already have a Tavor a SCAR 17 and an AK47 and a 74 on the way just was trying to make up my mind I'm a huge fan of FN i own several of their handguns so thats why i was trying to decide between those two rifles

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Well the good thing is once you have the rifle you can always down the road pick up a separate upper in a different length, pop the two pins and swap between then depending on your needs.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
I vote Tactical.

The 18 inch barrel is just going to make it longer, and not help all that much for longer range shooting.

Reactions: georgemcw316

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would go tactical. It will be my next rifle purchase. Any word on an FN15 Category? It would be nice to have a quick location to check out topics on the FN Guns on the FN Forums.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
After much thought, I went with the tactical as well. The only thing I added was an AimPoint Pro and a BCM Mod 4 charging handle
good choice the only thing i added was the primary arms advanced micro dot had to save some money because i also ordered a Rifle Dynamics RD-503

1 - 19 of 19 Posts