FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last few months I’ve been it touch with a Gun Smith that has threaded many FNAR barrels.
I have a 16” and it I’d like to have it threaded for a brake and my suppressor. It needs a flat face to thread so they need to take the barrel to less than 16” which means a new crown and pin and weld a muzzle device for a OAL of 16”. A 20” barrel will not need this unless by choice.
Cost for this is quoted at $220 plus $85 for pin and weld and around 4 weeks turn around.
I’m going to ship just the action for a smaller box and cheaper shipping rate.
Although, I’m not sure if I want a 7.62x51 with a 14.5” barrel. Maybe others can chime in on this. Recoil and noise are a concern.
So, for those of you who want to have your barrel threaded for a brake and or suppressor contact. (I have no financial incentive, nor do I have any experience with their work FYI ) :
Texas Arsenal
Attn: Dalton Dottie
35407 State Highway 249 Bldg A
Pinehurst, TX 77362
281-789-7162

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do a search on this forum and you’ll find instructions and photos on adjusting it.
Basically loosen a set screw and then adjust the gas screw to increase or decrease gas flow.
I’d wait till I had it threaded and you have the suppressor to use as you experiment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a suppressor already, and quick connect breaks so it can switch between my rifles.

Definitely will shoot it first without.

I know FN says "don't modify the guns"...... But......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts